Track Swap opinion for 09 Summit 154

mxguy339

Reaction score
just want some input on the best track to go with...want to stay with the 154...
thanks

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to sasksummit the other day and he went to a 154 CE 2.5" last season and he was saying it made a hell of a difference.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to sasksummit the other day and he went to a 154 CE 2.5" last season and he was saying it made a hell of a difference.
I'm not much for burn't toast but this toast knows tracks. Go with the Camo extreme 2.5.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is easy to say go with the 2.5 camp extreme but it can also depend on your riding style and abilities as well. I see lots of mountain sleds used for ditch bangers and rarely leave the chalets.

If that's the case, stick to a 2.25.

Going to a non ported track is going to give you better floatation right away. You will possibly see higher operating temps with a non ported track if you ride any amount of trail into your riding area and do no run a proper length snow flap and scratchers. Even more so with the 2.5.

Doo had a 2.25 that had a different durometer a few years ago that performed as good as the longer lugged tracks but I do not have the part number.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is easy to say go with the 2.5 camp extreme but it can also depend on your riding style and abilities as well. I see lots of mountain sleds used for ditch bangers and rarely leave the chalets.

If that's the case, stick to a 2.25.

Going to a non ported track is going to give you better floatation right away. You will possibly see higher operating temps with a non ported track if you ride any amount of trail into your riding area and do no run a proper length snow flap and scratchers. Even more so with the 2.5.

Doo had a 2.25 that had a different durometer a few years ago that performed as good as the longer lugged tracks but I do not have the part number.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

This is true, my suggestion of the 2.5" was based on mountain riding. Good call.

Top Bottom