Track splitting on the backside of rod

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the above. Has been incredibly warm every trip so far, and it lives in my heated garage the rest of the time.

I'm not holding my breath on warranty, but I might as well see what they say first. I'm thinking an m770 will be the replacement.

I hope you have better luck. Even a meet you halfway would be nice. That first pic is probably a camera angle thing, but that rod is not broke in the first pic is it?

I heard good things about the m770, but if its not covered, fill the cracks with gorilla glue impact tough. Ride the piss out of it till it really needs to be changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck. Even a meet you halfway would be nice. That first pic is probably a camera angle thing, but that rod is not broke in the first pic is it?

I heard good things about the m770

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think the rods are broken. Certainly doesn't seem to flex, and I put some force in to trying.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what’s it look like loosen track and add extroverts. See if you can get a new track first?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See the bulge on the track as it goes around the rear idlers. You can feel it with your hand if suspect.

Notice where it is starting to split. Track is ‘wrapping’ around the idlers and drivers I bet.
This is typical for the G4 & 5 tracks running enough tension to not ratchet the stock drivers

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is typical for the G4 & 5 tracks running enough tension to not ratchet the stock drivers
Have you seen a lot? Do they last once this starts? There's no visible rod / cord damage, just the outer rubber.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you seen a lot? Do they last once this starts? There's no visible rod / cord damage, just the outer rubber.
I was referring to the 'bulge' as typical. Especially noticeable when sitting a in a warm shop.

As far as the cracking at the rods, but not the paddles, I have not seen this before - and I want through 3 G4 tracks.
Seems pretty extensive. Hopefully they warranty, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they don't, I'd run that all day long.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is every lug cracking on the track or just some? Are you a guy that uses reverse on steep down hills?

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its strange forsure. if they dont give you warranty let her buck. It wont fail
They approved the replacement without any argument on my part. Not sure if the dealer had to push at all. I certainly don't have Maxwell or Curtis level relationship with them, but they have treated me well.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
They approved the replacement without any argument on my part. Not sure if the dealer had to push at all. I certainly don't have Maxwell or Curtis level relationship with them, but they have treated me well.
Right on Justin. Sometimes us little guys get rewards.

Top Bottom