Track problem?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have an 05 Summit X 151 that I have changed the track to a track from the 07 XRS. I have the aluminum 9" rear wheels and the track is not tight.

On the Inside of the track towards the outer edge where the exterior wheels rub there is a wear mark through the track the size of a nickel every 6" all the way around. This has worn off the top layer of rubber and is just down to the layer of belts. The wheels are tapered and are not sharp, there is no damage to the interior where the 2 wheels touch. Just the exterior shows these marks. It looks fine but I will have to buy a new track for next season :(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm not clear on what your trying to describe. Do you happen to have a photo?
This may be off track but when I was looking into larger wheels I found numerous remarks on other sites stating that the alum wheels were wearing lines in tracks. Is this what your saying?

I have an 05 Summit X 151 that I have changed the track to a track from the 07 XRS. I have the aluminum 9" rear wheels and the track is not tight.

On the Inside of the track towards the outer edge where the exterior wheels rub there is a wear mark through the track the size of a nickel every 6" all the way around. This has worn off the top layer of rubber and is just down to the layer of belts. The wheels are tapered and are not sharp, there is no damage to the interior where the 2 wheels touch. Just the exterior shows these marks. It looks fine but I will have to buy a new track for next season :(

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my climber fellaws I had the same prob other than it was inside the rails not outside but the fix was install orings in the aluminum wheels, I had a quarter inch groove cut in the wheels and installed a sqaure cut o-ring.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey Ron, that is very interesting because a friend of mine has an 05 1000 and he had the exact same issue last year. We thought it was due to his front wheels being cracked and bent and so just replaced the wheels assuming that was the culprit. Check your wheels etc (if you haven't already), and if there is something else you find causing this please post, as I am sure my buddy would like to know!. :headscratch3:. He had installed the 'non-stock' aluminum wheels front and back the year before!.

Top Bottom