Totalled sled in the renshaw! Help!?

Ryry44

Reaction score
Sled launched off the top of mountain in the ant hills today and is trashed. 1 ski on it, not sure if it runs. And if it does not sure if it moves. Left it for tonight and doubled out going back tomorrow to get it. Just looking for some ideas to get it out. Called a heli and they priced it at 1500-2000. I do have insurance with cooperators, not sure if they'll cover the heli. If I had a toboggan I might be able to tow it out

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled launched off the top of mountain in the ant hills today and is trashed. 1 ski on it, not sure if it runs. And if it does not sure if it moves. Left it for tonight and doubled out going back tomorrow to get it. Just looking for some ideas to get it out. Called a heli and they priced it at 1500-2000. I do have insurance with cooperators, not sure if they'll cover the heli. If I had a toboggan I might be able to tow it out

Give Barry (BBToys) on this site a call. I believe he does snowmobile recoveries or just buck up and have the bird come and pick it up. Hope you saved the GPS coordinates of where the sled is left. The bird will want those

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com

Call Rod Whelpton at 250-569-7236 - He is your best bet for a sled recovery.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit a rock a few seasons ago and wrote off my sled in the last bowl of Allan Creek. Co-operators reimbursed me for the chopper. They'll reimburse for any recovery company that you hire as long as they're a legit business.

Ryry44

Reaction score
I hit a rock a few seasons ago and wrote off my sled in the last bowl of Allan Creek. Co-operators reimbursed me for the chopper. They'll reimburse for any recovery company that you hire as long as they're a legit business.
Do you have to pay for heli up front first?

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to pay for heli up front first?

Well I did because I wanted my sled out of there ASAP i think they would cover it up front but every day the sled sits on the mountain it's possibly being buried
Better to ask them

Thegeneral

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rod is legit and he is way cheaper than a heli!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well maybe not useless but have you any pics

Attachments

• this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg
    this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,032

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Dean nice...

Not trying to be dick Chris. Just wondering if he took pics. Sometimes goes a long way to helping others out in what is possible and what is not. I've rode the ant hills and know the area extremely well. The long trail through the trees can be a bitch to pull a sled out of and there are short cuts that a guy can take. Thought pictures would share the location.

Top Bottom