To the guy in the 4 wheel drive....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All arguments for or against 4x4 use aside, if you spent your $$ on it, or your company spent their $$ on it...don't sit at the stop sign spinning the back tires like an idiot when you can push a button or pull a lever (do they even have that any more?) and safely turn into traffic.

I do actually have patience for those 3 remaining individuals (Plio) who own 2wd trucks in Alberta.

Turbo_Albertan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fenrichhomes.ca
All arguments for or against 4x4 use aside, if you spent your $$ on it, or your company spent their $$ on it...don't sit at the stop sign spinning the back tires like an idiot when you can push a button or pull a lever (do they even have that any more?) and safely turn into traffic.

I do actually have patience for those 3 remaining individuals (Plio) who own 2wd trucks in Alberta.

I completely agree, if your an idiot and spin your rear wheels like an 80 year old woman in her mint condition 92 buick would. Then you deserve to hear about it

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....who thinks he's "saving his truck" by leaving it in 2WD and spinning forever away from the intersection: you're an idiot. Push the GD button already.

Yes...I got behind one today....there's one on every corner on every icy road.

Thank-you for your time.

It really has nothing to do with 2 or 4 wd... it's all about the azzhat behind the wheel.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would have been interesting to see the guy slam it into 4x4 while spinning the tires on the stop light eh dave. guess some people forget to engage 4x4 when it is icy, and you don't have to drive like a lunatic when ya do.

to all the 2 wheel drivers out there, get some weight into yer azz end. and stop dave from beotching.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your continuing tolerance and understand of us front differentially challenged folks

Meyer907

Reaction score
It is the same here, my wife and I both have 4x4 trucks and dont hesitate using the 4x4. We also have the ass hats that think that since 4x4 goes like hell from a stop it also stops great to and well as you all know it doesnt. We also have the mix of folks doing 25 mph on the highway thrown in with the road rage masters doing 75 - 80 on ice.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the guy that says "ppfffttt, 4 wheel drive is for pu$$ies! I never put mine in once all winter ... do';t have to if you know how to drive!"
as he climbs in his $70k Harley Davidson 4 X 4 truck and spins his wheels driving away!! LOL!

oookkkaaayyyyy buddy!!

great thread

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love the first few snow falls. no body remebers how to drive. its not a surprise, it comes every year.

if you drive in 4 wheel like your in 2 wheel there wont be any problems. i put on more km's in in 4 wheel than 2 wheel last season, and guess what, my 4 wheel still worked!

if youve got it use it, especially in town!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its simple really. In town driving slow say around 60kms starting, stopping, lights etc. why not use four wheel drive. On the highway is a totally different story. Ask the guy upside down in the ditch that I just pasted 15mins ago before I got home. If you lose traction in four wheel drive it will throw you into a sideways spin that you compensate for that will whip the truck the other way causing a out of control spin. If you lose traction on just the back tires the front will not kick out giving you more control. However traction control does help with the problem

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right. We can't. But I drove a 2wd truck for 6 winters. Never got stuck, or had any problems.

Growing up on the farm, and driving since I was 6, I've learned throttle control.

Yes, 4x4 is nicer, but there's nothing wrong with 2wd if you know how to drive.
Yeah we,ve seen those throttle control pics you've posted on Max Thread. Lmao!!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You're right. We can't. But I drove a 2wd truck for 6 winters. Never got stuck, or had any problems.

Growing up on the farm, and driving since I was 6, I've learned throttle control.

Yes, 4x4 is nicer, but there's nothing wrong with 2wd if you know how to drive.

Im not sure holding it to the floor is considered 'control' but thats just an opinion of course lol

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My truck wont even go sideways :-( It self corects.... No fun LOL.

When I bought my very first 4X4 I was picking it up at the dealer. An old guy heard that it was my first 4X4. He asked me if I knew how to drive one. I wasn't sure what he was getting at. He said you always drive in 2 whl drive.... and when you slide off the road you put it in 4 whl drive to get your ass out of the ditch and then drive STRAIGHT home because the roads are to bad to be driving on LOL.

Tires make a HUGE difference. My wifes car was the worst car I have ever driven in the snow. She said she was having problems so I took it for a drive. That thing went to the tire shop so fast it wasn't funny. Got a set of winters and rims and that car is now a rally machine in the snow, what a difference.
I always seem to be helping her friends, most of their husbands aren't mechanically inclined or don't know for example the importance of winter tires. BUT I also tell them they work so well they give you a false sense of security and you can easily over drive the conditions.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its simple really. In town driving slow say around 60kms starting, stopping, lights etc. why not use four wheel drive. On the highway is a totally different story. Ask the guy upside down in the ditch that I just pasted 15mins ago before I got home. If you lose traction in four wheel drive it will throw you into a sideways spin that you compensate for that will whip the truck the other way causing a out of control spin. If you lose traction on just the back tires the front will not kick out giving you more control. However traction control does help with the problem

I'm hauling to viterra today, hiway 16 licks snatch, 42ton and no 4wd..

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You people do realize that you're not supposed to go over 80 in 4x4 right? in town, sure go nuts leave it on, i do. On the highway.....well have fun replacing transfer cases

Top Bottom