tMotion Suspension

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt drive concept is already dead. Motorcycles like the Gold Wing (the nice easy going street or highway bikes) are fine with a belt drive. The high torque crotch rockets have chain drives; there is a reason for that.

I have heard and I may be wrong again, as I have been down that road before, that the belt drive isn't gonna work or isn't working. just saying........

Haha...that is why high HP/Torque Harley's have been running belt drive for years...cuz they don't work:D At least if I blow a belt, I'll be able to put another one on and ride home to sleep that night:D

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want everyone to enjoy there mountain experience as much as I do. You just can't do that on any other sled. That's all. Just sayyin LOL

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

I guess we all experience different things in different ways, my mountain experience has never been better. But you know what they say about opinions, just like "a"-holes, everyone has one and most of them stink!!!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CMX runs the belt drive system in conjunction with their turbo'd liberty engines and it seems to handle the hp just fine. its far higher than 160.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess we all experience different things in different ways, my mountain experience has never been better. But you know what they say about opinions, just like "a"-holes, everyone has one and most of them stink!!!

NICE...Maxwell is to sleds as Cyle is to trucks...he knows it ALL :D LOL C'mon Maxwell...let's go play for a day...PLEASE:D

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess if the pro HP was in the same class as the rest of the manufacturers 160+. Then it might be an issue. But it should be able to handle 142hp just fine. LOL. Hell bring a spare vacuum cleaner belt should be an adequate backup.

Actually it'll probably work pretty well on the Doos then also if it can handle Poo's actual 150 HP, it should have no trouble handling the Doo, cause by the time that 157 ish HP gets thru that crappy inefficient clutch system you've probably got less actual torque on the belt or chain. So...... if everything goes as normal the last couple years, in later 13 or 2014, Doo should have a HUGE announcement that they're gonna release a belt drive system. Anyone wanna wager ???????

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt drive concept is already dead. Motorcycles like the Gold Wing (the nice easy going street or highway bikes) are fine with a belt drive. The high torque crotch rockets have chain drives; there is a reason for that.

I have heard and I may be wrong again, as I have been down that road before, that the belt drive isn't gonna work or isn't working. just saying........

Been running the belt drive from C3 Powersports all winter on my Etec and have had no problems with mine or any in our group...Less weight and way more efficient.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it'll probably work pretty well on the Doos then also if it can handle Poo's actual 150 HP, it should have no trouble handling the Doo, cause by the time that 157 ish HP gets thru that crappy inefficient clutch system you've probably got less actual torque on the belt or chain. So...... if everything goes as normal the last couple years, in later 13 or 2014, Doo should have a HUGE announcement that they're gonna release a belt drive system. Anyone wanna wager ???????

NAA. if doo changes the driveline there will be no typical clutch,belt, clutch,jackshaft,chain,gear,trackshaft setup. it will be revolutionary and a game changer. totally unique setup. hows that for yellow koolaid! LOL

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, they copied most moves Poo has made since 2011, so not sure why you'd expect any change in the near future. Following is a good spot for some tho, its harder to get disoriented . Game changer, ya right,, I say desperate attempt to keep up.

Keep pitching maxwell, you're bound to get one across the plate eventually. heehee.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, they copied most moves Poo has made since 2011, so not sure why you'd expect any change in the near future. Following is a good spot for some tho, its harder to get disoriented . Game changer, ya right,, I say desperate attempt to keep up.

Keep pitching maxwell, you're bound to get one across the plate eventually. heehee.

Mind running those moves by us Lenny?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, if you can't see it by now, its cause of your vision..... can't help ya there. But hey as I said before, relax, you'll probably sell em all.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, if you can't see it by now, its cause of your vision..... can't help ya there. But hey as I said before, relax, you'll probably sell em all.

HaHa. Hey your right! How did you know? Sold almost 80% of our inventory for next year on Spring Break.I'm starting to get a new found respect for you Lenny. Lol.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny your posts are making me chuckle more and more, you need to get out and ride more and spend less time making foolish posts like this one, real world and your world are two different worlds...lol

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny your posts are making me chuckle more and more, you need to get out and ride more and spend less time making foolish posts like this one, real world and your world are two different worlds...lol

hero snow drag racer, stick to lakes and fields freddy, no snow to screw up your track speed indicator. Hey i had to laff at that one video, you yipping about the 880 and one of the dirt bike conversions almost made it to the top and stuck it. LOL,
You are outed as soon as you rant about your 08 being your favorite, trail rider, sit down, go fast straight ahead rideing style. Nothing wrong with that freddy, a mans gotta know his limitations.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny the 880 would completly destroy your poo in every department on the snow, it works that great, so beware what you ask for before you have to prove it...

hero snow drag racer, stick to lakes and fields freddy, no snow to screw up your track speed indicator. Hey i had to laff at that one video, you yipping about the 880 and one of the dirt bike conversions almost made it to the top and stuck it. LOL,
You are outed as soon as you rant about your 08 being your favorite, trail rider, sit down, go fast straight ahead rideing style. Nothing wrong with that freddy, a mans gotta know his limitations.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lenny the 880 would completly destroy your poo in every department on the snow, it works that great, so beware what you ask for before you have to prove it...

LMAO,, destroy your poo, hey it ain't a video game freddy, and from the videos you post, you'd have to spend some time learning to ride in powder before my group would even let you come with em (hate digging out the hard snow hero all day) and then if it didn't trench itself out of sight, if you have to roll it over we ain't waiting for 30 minutes while you try to start it, when we make some long pulls we ain't waiting while your clutches cool down so you can make the next one, if your crank seal doesn't fail and start sucking air and cause another burndown, we're not waiting while you're constantly stopping to kick out your running boards, nobodys gonna carry the extra oil you're gonna need for the loonnnnggg days, and we ain't waiting at the tougher sidehills while you keep washing out and retrying to get across.
Are those some of the things you mean I should beware of.

PS; just so you know, you don't have the only 880 in the world freddy, apparently tho yours is maybe an 880 and 1/2. LOL.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO,, destroy your poo, hey it ain't a video game freddy, and from the videos you post, you'd have to spend some time learning to ride in powder before my group would even let you come with em (hate digging out the hard snow hero all day) and then if it didn't trench itself out of sight, if you have to roll it over we ain't waiting for 30 minutes while you try to start it, when we make some long pulls we ain't waiting while your clutches cool down so you can make the next one, if your crank seal doesn't fail and start sucking air and cause another burndown, we're not waiting while you're constantly stopping to kick out your running boards, nobodys gonna carry the extra oil you're gonna need for the loonnnnggg days, and we ain't waiting at the tougher sidehills while you keep washing out and retrying to get across.
Are those some of the things you mean I should beware of.

PS; just so you know, you don't have the only 880 in the world freddy, apparently tho yours is maybe an 880 and 1/2. LOL.

Lenny do you actually read your posts you type? You are really the only guy on Snow and Mud that actually takes this brand war thing seriously. Take a deep breath, chill out and get some help with your anger issues. We get that you are consumed with your hatred for SkiDoo. You need to get over it. Lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lenny do you actually read your posts you type? You are really the only guy on Snow and Mud that actually takes this brand war thing seriously. Take a deep breath, chill out and get some help with your anger issues. We get that you are consumed with your hatred for SkiDoo. You need to get over it. Lol.

Wonder what started this. Must have got shown up reeealllly bad one time by an xp.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there some talk of an M7 that spanked everything on the hill??

Top Bottom