Timbersled kit for dirtbikes

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a Timbersled kit on a 2010 CRF450. It looked pretty sweet and seemed to work well too! The guy that was riding it said it was awesome except the dual carbide simmons ski was a little darty in the front end making it a sketchy at high speeds on the trail.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wounder how well a 250 two stroke would spin a track kit or would a person need a 450 thumper?

talked to a guy at the sled show, said a powerful 250 will do it, but not up in the hills, loose to much power, not enough torque for the snow either.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 06 rm-z 250 is all pimped out on race gas and i would never think of using it,to me it would be like buying a 600 and being a deep powder tree rider.450 or bigger for me..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen guys ride them, looked fun and went pretty good too! But the poor guys riding them looked super tired!! Electric start would be good in the deep powder.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
electric start with the rekluse clutch would be the only way to go,then i would get some different foot pegs made for snowboard boots,not mx boots.

Roger KTM

Reaction score
I got a kit. I just got back from crowsnest today. This track kit rocks, it will go anywhere aslong as you got the balls to ride it. Deep pow pow it a blast I dont think I would buy another sled myself. I have it mounted on a KTM 530 and my Mountain Max 700 153 2.25 track had one hell of a time going through the same snow.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a kit. I just got back from crowsnest today. This track kit rocks, it will go anywhere aslong as you got the balls to ride it. Deep pow pow it a blast I dont think I would buy another sled myself. I have it mounted on a KTM 530 and my Mountain Max 700 153 2.25 track had one hell of a time going through the same snow.

Got any vid or pics of it in action??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a guy on here who works at ghostrider in fernie has a crf 450 i do believe with the timbersled kit on it and a rekluse clutch and loves it says in some spots in the real tight stuff it out performed his turbo m8 it only did it on the real tight switch backs on the trails going up but still the thing rips and works quite well in deep stuff seen a ktm 450 with just an old style track kit at castle mountain with no rekluse clutch seemed to work well but not as well as the timbersled rekluse package

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt lindermann out there with one of these kits? i though i head someone mentioning he has some really good working ones.

Top Bottom