Tie your sleds down properly

tool_man

Reaction score
Im not a big fan of cinch type straps but these Masterlock brand (bought at Home Depot) work great for quads/sleds. They have a snap hook so no lost or loose hanging straps ever.

Model No. 3065DAT | Master Lock

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that for sleds on deck or trailer, they must be tied down at 3 points, each device/strap must be rated for the full weight of the machine being secured. Quads, ATV's tied down at each corner, each strap rated for full weight of vehicle.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is what I understand 1 OR more meaning 1 superclamp on skies is legal. You can add more at your descression

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425151420365.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425151420365.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

wyodirtbagdad

Reaction score
Dropped my little one off at preschool this morning and saw two sleds on a deck. Both were tied down with a single 1 inch strap across the front skis and a single 1 inch strap across the rear rails with the sleds pulled tight together. Probably won't go anywhere on a regular drive but I'm reminded of a horrible indecent that happened just outside of golden about 6 years ago. There was a head on collision between a 3/4 ton with a sled on the deck and a small suv. The end results were catastrophic. The sled came off the deck, over the front of the truck, and went through the windshield of the suv. I can't remember the fatality numbers in the suv but I'm sure it was between2-4.

We need to remember to secure out toys properly. $45000+ rig, $30000+ in sleds ---- $8 pair of straps that won't hold up. :nono:

I cringe every time I see the potential horrible outcome that this could cause. Lets keep everyone safe on the roads by keeping or chit safe and secure during transport to or from the paradise we go to, doing the best sport in the world.

Remember - I could be your Wife, Husband, Son, Daughter, or anyone else that you hold dear to that could be on the road. It's not worth taking the risk.

Safe travels and have a great weekend. We'll be riding the hard pack in Blue River this weekend

Did you stop to check the ratings on the straps?

You do realize that there are 1" straps out there rated to 5000 lbs.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey that's funny stuff

When we were in Mexico, seen a low bead with chains, blocks, tires ect just laying on the trailer just floating there

Different world lol

In Cabo one time I saw a super B loaded to da nutz with paving stones and zero straps lol just gotta know how to drive I guess lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Cabo one time I saw a super B loaded to da nutz with paving stones and zero straps lol just gotta know how to drive I guess lol

That's hilarious you say that I just got back from Cabo and saw the same thing. Super B full of pallets of 8" block wall cinder blocks. No straps but his hazards were on LOL

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure since I tie the wife down, I may as well tie my sleds down as well!! :)

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep these guys didn't have any tie downs. so my guess is they felt the best way to hold it down would be to lay down and hold onto it.
works for them I guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom