thoughts on a trail tire for muddy trails,

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxxis zilla's are rated for 36Psi, 18 is beans man, something to do with being radial or non radial or whatever, tire talk thats what i call it blah blah blah

and the ride is fine, some people prefer speed and cornering over a smooth ride, the only downside i can think of is ice, and climbing over big slippery logs, also wet smooth rock... afew things i guess
Says PSI to me....

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzr manual recommends 8-10 psi.....

why zillas over swamp lites goodand grubby......?

Rzrgade explained it pretty much bang on....the Swamplites have a deep lug, but the spacing between lugs suck. They don't clean out well. They have zero sidewall grip, and they're heavier than the Zillas. If you want to give them a try, I have a near new set of 28" Zillas mounted on 14" ITP SS212 rims I'd sell you cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 123

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzrgade explained it pretty much bang on....the Swamplites have a deep lug, but the spacing between lugs suck. They don't clean out well. They have zero sidewall grip, and they're heavier than the Zillas. If you want to give them a try, I have a near new set of 28" Zillas mounted on 14" ITP SS212 rims I'd sell you cheap.
Maybe if you pump em up to 36 psi they will work better.....

roperx

Reaction score
Rode my stocks once bought mega meyhams. great on trails, hard sidewall(6ply) and about 1 inch bigger lug than zilla and I think a little firmer too. great tire even in the mud. they did have problems in skeg as they tend to dug until hard bottom (like silver backs) but most tires have problems in skeg. Gave my Mega 28 to my wife nad bought outlaw 2's. found over my first year quadding I like mud holes more than trail but I assume as i'm still learning on my 2013 800 xt can am and its big quad for my 160 lbs. lol good luck deciding.
Cheers

TommyTongue

Reaction score
Goodand grubby......
sweet... are they 11 inch wide front and rear? Would the rims fit my 800 rzr (bolt pattern wise)

andf how do you do that reply with my post in it!!!!!

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodand grubby......
sweet... are they 11 inch wide front and rear? Would the rims fit my 800 rzr (bolt pattern wise)

I'm not sure what size his tires are but the bolt pattern would be the same as yours.
And to put someone's post in yours you have to "quote" his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodand grubby......

I'm not sure what size his tires are but the bolt pattern would be the same as yours.
And to put someone's post in yours you have to "quote" his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, bolt pattern is the same. I can't remember the offset, but they'll work well on your buggy. The fronts are 9" wide, the rears are 11" wide. With the extra width, you'd probably want to put RZR S flares on.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, bolt pattern is the same. I can't remember the offset, but they'll work well on your buggy. The fronts are 9" wide, the rears are 11" wide. With the extra width, you'd probably want to put RZR S flares on.

I run that very same set up on the wifes 800. Kolpin makes flares that are the prefect width for less than half the price.

Attachments

• Penhold-20120401-00139.jpg
    Penhold-20120401-00139.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 119

TommyTongue

Reaction score

whats cheap...contact me on tomrowley@tiscali.co.uk 90% sure ill buy them

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding....I feel violated

wow, here i thought that i was following a barn door not yer butt on that last trail ride eh, lol

anyway i already got them tires n rims, so i don't need another set. was curious on price as i may sell the ones i have .

i and now i need eye drops for my eyes. lol

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, here i thought that i was following a barn door not yer butt on that last trail ride eh, lol

anyway i already got them tires n rims, so i don't need another set. was curious on price as i may sell the ones i have .

i and now i need eye drops for my eyes. lol

Don't be putting sh!t in your eyes...I've followed you on the trails...they don't work so great as it is. I've told a few fellas $700 for the rims and tires...any less, and I'd just keep 'em for spares.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be putting sh!t in your eyes...I've followed you on the trails...they don't work so great as it is. I've told a few fellas $700 for the rims and tires...any less, and I'd just keep 'em for spares.

ya you may have once or twice eh. lol. good price. i have a set of tires some wear, thinking they are worth $300. no rims though. rear tire has a plug,

heck todd, i won't be able to try out any of yer tires, before ya sell em. lol.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya you may have once or twice eh. lol. good price. i have a set of tires some wear, thinking they are worth $300. no rims though. rear tire has a plug,

heck todd, i won't be able to try out any of yer tires, before ya sell em. lol.

Out with the old, in with the new. You can try out some 30" Rocktanes on STI beadlock rims....that's the new flavor for the RZR this year.

Top Bottom