This girl is the real deal!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give a shout out to a true pioneer for women in the sport of extreme snowmobiling. My buddy Megan MacDougall climbed the 90 in Revelstoke last weekend. For any of you that have been at the bottom of the Bullpen and looked up this bad boy, you know how serious an accomplishment this is for anyone, guy or gal.

She didn't just nail it first try. It was her 7th attempt that finally was successful, and it's amazing that she hit it over and over again. I've seen her and Pinky (her turbo Nytro) tumble out of several chutes and Megan just gets up and keeps pushing until she gets it done. She doesn't do it for the recognition, or bragging rights... When I asked her why she climbed her first chute she told me that she was sick of sitting at the bottom watching the boys have all the fun.

So kudos to Megan, a real trail breaker for men and women in the sport, for laying down tracks where most will never go, and doing it for the love of the rush!!!

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for the video. Feel free to share more of her videos. Love watching the chute climbs because i know you would not find me trying to go where she goes.

BirdieO

Reaction score
A true ambassador to the sport and should be/is/will be an inspiration to women/girls in snowmobiling for a long time!! Congrats Megan...you ARE one Crazy B*tch;)

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good job Megan! I was hoping that was your track.... There's to many "hot shots" out there that can do anything, until you put them in a position to do any of these chutes and then all you hear is excuses, " I would but............"

boostbaby

Reaction score
Well thanks everyone, I never set out to be an inspiration to anyone and I am flattered to be considered one but I am just simply pushing myself to accomplish my goals :) My cousin Laird and I grew up climbing any little hill we could find, trying to get the higher line even if it was by a inch so it doesnt surprise me that we both still love to climb. Amy your too nice, I would never consider myself as a pioneer just a girl doing what she loves and pushing myself to another level haha. I have been so fortunate to meet such great friends and chute climbing besties (Amy, who also is a wicked chute climber!!) through this sport!!

It sucks how video flattens this chute cuz after that corner its crazy steep, every time I rolled out of it I was standing against a wall of snow thinking how it is even possible sleds climb this?? Haha Shane was at home sick so he didnt follow me but thats his favorite chute (its even where he proposed to me!!) so that would have been cool! Oh well next year :) I may have had a buddy try after me and not make it but he was riding with a full gas can on the back haha!

As for whats next, Pinky said she wants a go with the Gash... but we shall see Iwont climb her in hard snow so depends on Revys conditions in the next weekend or so

Thanks again everyone :) Loving Pinky to another level haha, that Boost-It box gave her a whole new set of horsies under the hood hehe

Top Bottom