Thinking of switching!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When I gave up my summit and bought a nytro, I was like what the heck did I just do. It was a big change. The hardest thing to get used to was the weight. Then to go to a turbo you must have good mechanical knowledge and also you have a lot more maintenance. You should also run some race fuel in the machine mixed with premium. if the machine works well you may do good but it's a big change and it may take some time to master. I know It was tough for a while. The nytro of set up right can be a very reliable machine mine has 20000 plus km on it. It can be alot of fun as well, I dont regret chaging to the nytro and am planning on keeping mine and riding it.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ron, it takes some time to learn how to ride a Nytro, but when you do they sure are fun, turbo 4-smokes are reliable, run good fuel and they run forever

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came off a modded M1000 to a 220hp supercharged Nytro and loved the thing. Fit me better than any sled I ever owned, and I loved the power & 4 stroke reliability. Only problem was I just couldn't learn how to ride it, and that got pretty frustrating. Sure wish I could have. I'm not looking forward to doing 2 stroke top ends every 2 years again. That BS is getting really old for me!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends where you ride. What you like to do. I made the switch two seasons ago. Haven't worked on an engine since. Have spent way more time trying to dial in the chassis to fit my needs. I live in western alberta. Funniest sled I have ever owned for riding the prairies and cruising down the river. It's alright in the hills. I'm tired at the end of the day, melted the sliders off mine and rode the family spare rev for the day, it was sure a change in riding style.

wisersrun

Reaction score
I made the switch from an 09 summit xp it had its shares of mods including nitrous to a 12 nytro mtx with a 270 mcx and I havnt looked back.

loudelectronics

Reaction score
The nytro is a great sled, it just needs to be driven differently. The power is fantastic and I really enjoy it. I have a Turbo viper as well. I can still drive the nytro better than the viper as I am more used to the Nytro chassis still.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nytro is a great sled, it just needs to be driven differently. The power is fantastic and I really enjoy it. I have a Turbo viper as well. I can still drive the nytro better than the viper as I am more used to the Nytro chassis still.

Just curious, did you notice a big weight change or feel on the Nytro vs Viper?

Top Bottom