Things to do in Castlegar, BC?

Indy245

Reaction score
We are headed down to Castlegar for a weekend of riding, any suggestions on what to do during the dark hours? (Where to eat, drink, sleep, etc?) We have a guide for leddin so we are covered there, just looking for some real world hit or misses there.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha Element...yeah lots of characters in there.

BostonPizza is always a safe bet for food.

Was just out there for a week. Snow pack is fairly low. Pretty good crust in most areas. Recent snow fall could might make conditions less than favorable.

Indy245

Reaction score
Somehow I think we will find our way to a pub a stay there, thanks for the replies. Any sled dealerships for parts in Castlegar or near?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somehow I think we will find our way to a pub a stay there, thanks for the replies. Any sled dealerships for parts in Castlegar or near?

Depends on what you need.

Playmor power is half way to nelson and has Doo. Mainjet is in nelson and has Polaris and cat.

sent from a top secret location

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Rossland .. go to the flying steamshovel, get drunk and play neglin .. best bar game in the history of all bar games !

crash at the hostel and you will get offered bathroom hookers from the local stoner guy .. true story !

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chopsticks has awesome chinese and sushi. Lion's head pub has the best music and beer in the Gar. If you can crash a bon fire party up the creek, then you will be a part the real night life of sledders in the area. Someone at family day should be able to tell you where the after party is at :)

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Chopsticks is awesome. The thirsty duck always has good food too. You can spend a couple hundred seeing if you can beat the high score on the punching bag game at the element lol.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you enjoy smelly hippies stay away from Rossland and Nelson, not BS'n you there. Last time I went in the Element I felt like a fossil, was all 18 y/o's lol! :D And if you're at the Lion's Head, have a DD, there's a 98% chance of hitting a roadblock after heading out of Robson.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you enjoy smelly hippies stay away from Rossland and Nelson, not BS'n you there. Last time I went in the Element I felt like a fossil, was all 18 y/o's lol! :D And if you're at the Lion's Head, have a DD, there's a 98% chance of hitting a roadblock after heading out of Robson.

KC's got a good reminder tip - BC is 0.05, so should have a DD any time you're planning to have a couple drinks and need a way to get home. Doesn't take much

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KC's got a good reminder tip - BC is 0.05, so should have a DD any time you're planning to have a couple drinks and need a way to get home. Doesn't take much

Road block also known to be at the bottom of Norns road. Castlegar RC's apparently don't fawk around!

Top Bottom