the "thing"

wyzguyz

Reaction score
I am looking for some input on which can I should put on my 800 xp summit(when it arrives). I have heard the "thing" is the way to go for the fact it not only drops pounds but adds a couple ponies under the hood too. Just don't know what to go with, I don't know enough about performance gains from aftermarket cans. If anyone has a good source, let me know I'd appreciate it.

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some input on which can I should put on my 800 xp summit(when it arrives). I have heard the "thing" is the way to go for the fact it not only drops pounds but adds a couple ponies under the hood too. Just don't know what to go with, I don't know enough about performance gains from aftermarket cans. If anyone has a good source, let me know I'd appreciate it.
A buddy of mine has a Thing Can,Bikeman Pipe,RK Tek head and more Rev parts pm me for his e-mail adrress

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The parts are off of a 2007 Rev 800. You can check with Al at thesledshed
250-814-0018 or 250-837-2951,he makes the THING Can.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run the THING on an 01 Summit, 03 900MC, 04 Summit, 05 RT1000 Summit and my 07 Summit. They work as advertised. If you do other mods such as different pipes, porting or heads, you have to ask Al about compatibility.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year my dealer found that the 800R engine ran better with less issues stock. Also said that on other sites as well. Try it first the sled is light enough already and above all other things is QUIETER. Thanks I bought mine because its light,and powerfull so why try to fiddle with it ride it stock and beat your buddies with a stock machine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom