The Notch

4stroke474

Reaction score
Thanks for the info we are heading out tommorow for a ride. Hope it is as good as it looks in the pics posted in this thread.Any more info on the areas is always appreciated as we usually ride Golden and Revy.:beer:

rsw84

Reaction score
Suck it up princess! Small creeks and stuff, no problem! A lot better than riding on an active plowed logging road with the possibility of a big fine.

And yes, you can go that way but I don't recommend it. Maybe on the weekends an maybe over Xmas but we haven't heard yet.

hahahahahah ok ok ... i get it. so after you stage at the tin shacks on the corner do you just go straight west to the pipeline ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hahahahahah ok ok ... i get it. so after you stage at the tin shacks on the corner do you just go straight west to the pipeline ?

I thought that map I sent you showed the pipeline going south! North is always at the top unless a woman is reading it and she usually turns it upside down.....just saying

This was exceptional and don't get scared as it is just a trickle this year!

Attachments

• 100B0180.jpg
    100B0180.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 447

rsw84

Reaction score
I thought that map I sent you showed the pipeline going south! North is always at the top unless a woman is reading it and she usually turns it upside down.....just saying

This was exceptional and don't get scared as it is just a trickle this year!

North is up ?? ohhh now i get it ..... thanks lol k but for real i have heard so much bullch!t about where not to go cuz of the mine i just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help, again.. Ferniesnow ! ... :firefire:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
North is up ?? ohhh now i get it ..... thanks lol k but for real i have heard so much bullch!t about where not to go cuz of the mine i just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help, again.. Ferniesnow ! ... :firefire:

It isn't bullchit with regards to the mine property; it is real and now!

On the pipeline you are not on mine property nor at the Notch. TranCanada Pipelines have the right-of-way for the pipeline area. It was them that came back in and cleaned it out after MOE made a boo-boo.....

It was a great thing what TCP did to straighten out a very ugly mess!!

rsw84

Reaction score
It isn't bullchit with regards to the mine property; it is real and now!

On the pipeline you are not on mine property nor at the Notch. TranCanada Pipelines have the right-of-way for the pipeline area. It was them that came back in and cleaned it out after MOE made a boo-boo.....

It was a great thing what TCP did to straighten out a very ugly mess!!

Ya for sure, im an advocate for following the rules and staying in bounds man ! we wont be able to ride anywhere if we dont... no disrespect dude

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mine property is at the end of the road, by corbin townsite. the tin shack is only half way up the road... you are all good!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are we able to stage at morrissey yet or no?

Not that I know of. It is still closed and the road is plowed pretty much down to the dirt. Coal Creek is being groomed tonight and will be groomed again following Xmas (no date set yet). The club is talking about grooming 3X per week as there is a lot of traffic on the Coal Creek side.

We are also working on better parking at Coal Creek. It is a learning curve when one of the major staging areas is shut down. Very hard to get all the agencies involved (logging company, three levels of government, and the club) on the same page at the same time. Each have their priorities and only one is dedicated for you....:xmas2004_15: :happyholidayswreath

summit800hm

Reaction score
So just to get this straight coal creek staging area is the same as the dump behind fernie?:eek:

summit800hm

Reaction score
Anyone have any new pics of conditions(new snow) heading that way for wkend thanks

Manatee

Reaction score
Hey,
The last time I rode the pipeline we turned off #3 Hiway on Corbin road and just parked on the side of the road by the tracks. We went through a gate I remember and then got onto the pipleine and rode to the Wrangler's Cabin. I have a few questions to clear things in my head.
#1 Was the small shack at the gate the "tin shacks"
#2 The snowmobile shelter in the pics posted, is that Wranglers?
#3 We went just past the cabin and ended up at a big drop that someone called the Great Wall (or maybe China Wall) or something. Is that the Notch? OR am I at least in the same area? If not, then I am going to be totally confused... not that it takes much to confuse me. I do remember that we had a blast out in that area that weekend.

Sorry for all the Q's. Thanks for your help.
Doug, I will get this all figured out again before I get there hopefully. Take a few years off and you forget. Oh no, I hope I'm not getting too old for this stuff. I still love it!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#1 yes it is the tin shack that you were at if you left from the corbin side of things.

#2 your rite again wranglers cabin is the shelter pictured in the photo

#3 If you go from wranglers cabin and continue south on the pipeline and over a couple hills it will take you to an area called rolling hills/notch I have heard a few people refeer to a china wall I think it may be up the lodgepole and ram creek but not sure someone correct me if I'm wrong with this one

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Jared....the china wall is just the back end of the notch that drops off the world..the cliff basically....p.s. send me that pic off your iphone that you showed me in peaks!!!haha

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey,
The last time I rode the pipeline we turned off #3 Hiway on Corbin road and just parked on the side of the road by the tracks. We went through a gate I remember and then got onto the pipleine and rode to the Wrangler's Cabin. I have a few questions to clear things in my head.
#1 Was the small shack at the gate the "tin shacks"
#2 The snowmobile shelter in the pics posted, is that Wranglers?
#3 We went just past the cabin and ended up at a big drop that someone called the Great Wall (or maybe China Wall) or something. Is that the Notch? OR am I at least in the same area? If not, then I am going to be totally confused... not that it takes much to confuse me. I do remember that we had a blast out in that area that weekend.

Sorry for all the Q's. Thanks for your help.
Doug, I will get this all figured out again before I get there hopefully. Take a few years off and you forget. Oh no, I hope I'm not getting too old for this stuff. I still love it!

Don't talk to me about getting old, young fellow!!

Manatee

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I think that cliff or "china wall" is at the end of the rolling hills. We continued past Wranglers and played around all day at what I'm assuming is this rolling hills stuff. And then at the end, we found the cliff and turned around to go play more.
Pretty sure we staged at the "yellow gate."
Anyhow, it was an absolute blast and I am heading to the same area to try it again the next time I'm there.

Doug, maybe I'm a young fellow, but I sure ain't getting any younger. Perhaps we'll see you out there for a ride... or at least a brewski or two.

Top Bottom