Pipe line to the notch

jlk10

Reaction score
Are we still going to be able to access the notch this winter or will it be impassable? If anyone has tried or knows that would be great to hear some feed back before we head out.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fsa says that it is closed. I went to the notch via the pipeline from the wranglers cabin a couple weeks ago and was totally taken back by what I saw. Been going to the notch for 26 years and this year it certainly has changed. If you go be extremely carefull as there are many, many metal stakes with orange tops on them and they are EVERYWHERE. Every hill has a bypass road around it. There are large piles of logs at the summits. There is also large walls of dirt in many places. FSA will not be grooming to the notch at all this winter.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trans mountain go through there? Crazy what they pipeline through.

jlk10

Reaction score
Fsa says that it is closed. I went to the notch via the pipeline from the wranglers cabin a couple weeks ago and was totally taken back by what I saw. Been going to the notch for 26 years and this year it certainly has changed. If you go be extremely carefull as there are many, many metal stakes with orange tops on them and they are EVERYWHERE. Every hill has a bypass road around it. There are large piles of logs at the summits. There is also large walls of dirt in many places. FSA will not be grooming to the notch at all this winter.
Thank you! We have been exploring the rolling hills area for 10 years. Started riding out there with ferniesnow we might have to head further west and visit him this year. Things will get tracked out fast without easy access to the notch.

Top Bottom