The New Cmx sled is awsome

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at their shop last week picking up my sled, theystart with a Polaris bulk head, power, primary clutch and wiring, and the restis CMX , I also received by-weekly pictures of the build. Maybe you shouldvisit their website or drive down to Clyde Park Montana and spend some timewith Mark.

If I seen one of these sleds run considerably better than my pro than ya I would consider one ..... But I don't buy sleds just because of a fancy website and they "look cool". I've told Mark that he needs to get up to Canada more often to show his stuff!

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
We have a pro rmk with about 25,000 dollars into it only thing it doesn't have is a turbo because my father didn't want a turbo, and it was built by mountain magic and motor work done by Brent linderman so you no its done right. It doesn't compete with the new cmx they have it figured out, there turbo weights 425 pounds with a 2.5 16inch wide track you put a turbo on a stock 163 Polaris it will be above the 450 pound mark, and I will gladly bring the turbo we get next year to revy so you can ride that and compare it to your pro rmk, and the other thing that appeals to me is that not everybody and there dog has one!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a pro rmk with about 25,000 dollars into it only thing it doesn't have is a turbo because my father didn't want a turbo, and it was built by mountain magic and motor work done by Brent linderman so you no its done right. It doesn't compete with the new cmx they have it figured out, there turbo weights 425 pounds with a 2.5 16inch wide track you put a turbo on a stock 163 Polaris it will be above the 450 pound mark, and I will gladly bring the turbo we get next year to revy so you can ride that and compare it to your pro rmk, and the other thing that appeals to me is that not everybody and there dog has one!
I guess not for $28000

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok.....if it was built by mountain magic that means its awesome.
Enjoy your cmx sleds

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what I got into my sled that way the wife can't track it but must be that much or more and nowhere near 450lbs lol but still love the old tank

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I will enjoy the cmx sleds we have, hope to see you on the hill next year so you can take one for a ride cheers!!
I would actually love to see one of these cmx sleds with neils boost-it kit and see how well it works from what I have heard that would be the ultimate sled to have.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dam hard to get a turbo sled under 450 ready to ride, power to them

like the cat or etec idea

Fan960

Reaction score
I agree there are betterpower alternative’s out there, however their relationship is with Polaris sotherefore that’s their power of choice. And also I agree it is extremely hardto get a turbo sled under 450. It all comes down to personal preference, I forone ride Polaris my son rides 2013 XM. He loves the XM. But after talking withMark and seeing their website it was an easy decision for me to purchase theCMX. So at the end of the day I felt CMX gave me good Value for my dollar and that’sall that matters.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Also the etec motor is heavy compared to a Polaris, I don't no about the wieght of cats motors but I believe there weight is more then Polaris. Unfortunately unless you put the hard work fredw did into his weight savings on a etec, Polaris has the lightest motor! And there goal is to have a light sled, they also have been getting good reliability out of the turbo Polaris motors!

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Heres a few more pictures
DSCF0188[1].jpg
DSCF0181[1].jpg
DSCF0185[1].jpg CMX Belt drive system
DSCF0187[1].jpg CMX Front End with there own spindles
DSCF0182[1].jpg

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks sick! Can't wait to see that thing rip at Island lake lodge! 2 weeks!!

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
You can say its just a custom Polaris that's your view which is perfectly fine, a lot of people love the Polaris sleds :), but next year you can come ride with us and see the difference between a Polaris and a cmx. And as much as I'd love to say I beat on my old man he basically wiped the floor with me and my summit xm, ill be giving him a run next year when I get the turbo.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool sled, so what does it weigh?
What is done to the motor? Still stock bore?

Top Bottom