Thanks for the help in forester today

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanna send a thanks out to a group of 4 as well as a group of 2 that helped me and my son out of my lack of direction. I'm glad there are people like that out there. It made my son have a great day seeing as we won't have to spend the night on the mountain. Once again words cannot express my thanks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just wanna send a thanks out to a group of 4 as well as a group of 2 that helped me and my son out of my lack of direction. I'm glad there are people like that out there. It made my son have a great day seeing as we won't have to spend the night on the mountain. Once again words cannot express my thanks.

For the most part, sledders in general are a great community! Glad you are okay and slept in a warm bed.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always have at least two GPS units with you.
If one died, you will be still ok.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always have at least two GPS units with you.
If one died, you will be still ok.

And a spare motor in case one blows up...
Lol
a map of any new area is an essential tool
There has been lots of people get lost in Forster.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People always tell me where to go, all the time :confused:

that's because you get lost in the parking lot.

Personally I don't like relying on a GPS or two. It is just a tool that can fail and it that is your only fail safe you are screwed. I carry one but I also like to have printed maps of the area I am in. Route finding skills are valuable, but knowing the area your are riding in is very important. If its a new area try and learn the landmarks and so on.

Good on those who did point you in the right direction.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a spare motor in case one blows up...
Lol
a map of any new area is an essential tool
There has been lots of people get lost in Forster.

LOL yeah, if a person has to pack 2 GPS's, I would think you are far too reliant on technology to be in the backcountry. Get a compass and a map as your back up it will never need new batteries or a sat signal

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking back this wasn't my smartest move. Next time I'm gonna take home to smaller area like Quartz or go with a bigger group of people. He had fun in meadows though. We didn't venture to far from cabin tried to stay close. The one stuck was right beside main trail and the other was only a couple hundred yards of main trail but it sure makes you think about what ifs. Thanks again. I do have a spot but figured that would be absolute last resort

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking back this wasn't my smartest move. Next time I'm gonna take home to smaller area like Quartz or go with a bigger group of people. He had fun in meadows though. We didn't venture to far from cabin tried to stay close. The one stuck was right beside main trail and the other was only a couple hundred yards of main trail but it sure makes you think about what ifs. Thanks again. I do have a spot but figured that would be absolute last resort
Sounds like you were stuck not lost? i bought a sled to sled bungee for when i take my kid out alone works awesome...

Top Bottom