Tent shed garage deal

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a shelter for my boat and some other crap that wont collapse from the snow.
24’ long and 11’ door minimum(could frame up pony walls)... what does a guy look for?
Cheers everybody Holio

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me thinks the round ones work better for the snow falling off

I have to clean snow off me shelter logic its roof has a peak

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The domed Shelter logic are good. The one I had in Elkford had snow 6' up the sides and it held up well. Don't close the door as they are terrible for condensation. I didn't try to add any extra venting.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep my boat in a 12x24 Shelter logic round shed. Its been up at least 12 years now. The original tarp only lasted 2 years so I kept adding another cheap blue tarp over the previous tarp. 3 years ago , I bought a more expensive white tarp and it’s still in good shape. My truck used to sleep in that shelter.... till the boat came along... my truck just hates that boat. Lol.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a couple of Shelter logics. The one I got from costco in Red Deer 11 yrs ago, is still good. One I got from CT I had to replace the main tarp, which I bought from Peavy Mart. The One from PM is thicker and stronger than the one from CT and less money

In the spring we put up our 30w x 40l x 15h, with a 12x12 door. Got that at the auction for $2500 and it's been great. There are smaller ones at the auction, but it's hit and miss for when they come up

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I got my large one from Kijiji, its 20 wide and 32 long. 12' high walls with a 16' peak. 2 - 12' doors, The supports are dual tube steel with cross bracing, 450 OZ PVC, so the same stuff as those large tents you rent for large outdoor events. All in delivered it was $3400

Last edited:

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The domed Shelter logic are good. The one I had in Elkford had snow 6' up the sides and it held up well. Don't close the door as they are terrible for condensation. I didn't try to add any extra venting.

My brother had that issue with his, vented both ends, works great!

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted this on Kijiji no walls but they are available I’m sure .

d2c0b77f6a66617457de4eb54f52615d.jpg

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy those tents with walls if you choose to.

Yup it’s just a add on kit. I bought it for parties etc but plan changed, for $150 I figured it was worth a try.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go get a big one from Uncle Wieners and put it out on the lawn.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also recommend the domed roof Shelter Logic. I put up a 12'x15'x25' at the cabin 7 years ago and have had zero issues. I did get the higher mm thickness cover and went with dark green to absorb heat from the sun to help shed the snow, and like Ferniesnow there have been some impressive piles along both sides with no issues whatsoever. No snow has ever stayed on the top for more than a day, it slides right off.

I built a base out of used railroad crossing ties and it is well secured to those over a gravel base. My only recommendation is that when putting the end doors on that you get those well secured in the dimensions you want before putting the cover on because it's a b^@*" to try and adjust the doors afterwards if while snugging the roof with the provided cross members, etc. at the end you actually draw the sides in, thus loosening up the doors so that they flap. Maybe the design has changed, but my doors wrap around the last truss and once you tighten the roof it is impossible to bring more of the door around the beam without completely relaxing the roof cover.

Good luck

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? My brother in law is a wiener and a uncle! Ru someone who drinks his beer too?
Sounds like you have an uncle bad touch. Uncle Wieners is a greasy Chyna junk wholesaler in Edmonton that nails it on some items like their cheap tarp buildings.

Top Bottom