Telus and what I would like to do with their phone...

Mayfly

Reaction score
I would love to take my cell phone and shove it up one of the upper managements you know what.
Ever since analog has been discontinued service as gone to shat.
Lost calls, calls dropped and no service should be their slogan. Pay 500.00 for boosters, etc and still crap.
I sure miss my old bag phone, didn't matter where you were, you could get out.
Been with Telus for a long time, think its time to switch to perhaps Bell, maybe not any better, but screw Telus, gave them enough money over the years.
Sorry for the rant, just venting after trying to call home, "Hello, Hello can you hear me, yeah, ahh no, what you say?" " Awww frig", hang up.
I would like to call customer service, but feel bad cussing at them, just would like to take my phone and perhaps throw it at the CEO or somebody.
Rant over and out.
:mad:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Best phone/booster/handsfree I had was the the old Startac. The new phones/service sucks, I hate that almost 1 grand worth of stuff is obsolete in a few years and none of it works as good as the set up I had in 2000 with the good old analog.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya about the old bag phones, those thing were great when you had a good antenna on your roof. I honestly can't say I have had many problems though...I currently have a Razor 2, and a Wilson booster. It's been great, and I have been from South East Sask, up to a couple hours north of GP with not many problems at all. My air card for my computer even works well off of it. Sorry about your luck.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel the same way i switched, payed a arm and a leg to get out of contracts but well woth the money they are not gonna get another cent out of me:nono:

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have to disagree when i go to valemount of mcbride and my friend has to borrow my telus phone to phone his gf.

I might have to start driving there to use my phone. I live just a few km east of Sherwood Park, and am lucky to complete any phone calls. It's awesome too, as I can see a tower from my house.

ardypol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work on 180 St and 102 Avenue area. Lucky to complete a call there too. Have had three different phones, and no difference with any of them. I feel like the "Can you hear me now?" guy.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im right on the edge of cell service at my house. if I stand in the bathroom it works,or the kitchen. but my bed room I have to stand away from the wall. but it dont work out side the house till I get down the driveway lol. cant explain but yes with todays tech we should have service like a sat phone! they say canada pays the most for cell phone and internet and has the worst service!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
telus has us by the short and curlies up here. there are other providers, but their coverage is lacking.

dirtydodge

Reaction score
Have to go with the Shi%$#$%#%# service , working South East sask and it is hit n miss all the way from Edmonton . Even with my booster . On the crackberry now . I do miss my old bag ph , it worked everywhere ...
but as said in here they are all crap so what do ya do ... they got us ...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a new blackberry with a wireless booster and it works great. I'm am constantly going back and forth into saskatchewan and up to fort mac and my booster is worth its weight in gold. I rarely have dropped calls, but it does happen. I do agree that the cell service is crap (15km north, south or east of lloydminster and you lose service) you think with the technology thats out there they could bump up the watts on these cell phones.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad is with telus and cant use the phone in the yard (hwy21 and whitemud corner) pisses him off, im on rogers and it seems to work where his doesnt! as long as we travel together were good!!

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work on 180 St and 102 Avenue area. Lucky to complete a call there too. Have had three different phones, and no difference with any of them. I feel like the "Can you hear me now?" guy.

Ardy,
Have you tried cradling the phone to your ear with your shoulder. Placing your right forefinger on your nose, and lifting your left arm straight up making a makeshift bunny ears/ peace sign? That actually worked for me a few times when i was with telus. Now i have rogers, not too many dead spots - where i go anyways.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
PSSSSSSTTTTTTT................ RETODD works for said communications company.... it's his job to keep the network trouble free......Maybe he is spending too much time on here and not enough time maintaining the network....

Just sayin................:d

I would love to take my cell phone and shove it up one of the upper managements you know what.
Ever since analog has been discontinued service as gone to shat.
Lost calls, calls dropped and no service should be their slogan. Pay 500.00 for boosters, etc and still crap.
I sure miss my old bag phone, didn't matter where you were, you could get out.
Been with Telus for a long time, think its time to switch to perhaps Bell, maybe not any better, but screw Telus, gave them enough money over the years.
Sorry for the rant, just venting after trying to call home, "Hello, Hello can you hear me, yeah, ahh no, what you say?" " Awww frig", hang up.
I would like to call customer service, but feel bad cussing at them, just would like to take my phone and perhaps throw it at the CEO or somebody.
Rant over and out.
:mad:

Top Bottom