telephone wire subtrade needed

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm looking to see I someone in Edmonton can replace a phone wire on a house in west edmonton. someone cut it when doing tree work. it's not a big deal but it was my girlfriends house she rents. She doesnt have a residential phone but can't leave a wire cut in a home she
rents, don't think the landlord would be to pleased. going through Telus may be expensive but may be the only option.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Were you the "someone" doing tree work ?????????

you realize this is gonna turn into a "I call BS thread" by you refering to her as your girlfriend

Just sayin

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Splice it your self, use solder and tape it up real good haven't had a problem with ours ever since.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, Nope, Yup and she works just like new.

is yer phone crackly, have buzzing noises. did ya hook up the ground sheath.

shheeet dale i can hardly hear ya. hehe

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the Real HELPFULL tips. I can't splice it as its on the main line 1/2 way from the pole to the house that is under tension.

shimmy out on the support wire, wrap yer belt around the wire and lick yer fingers, hold the wires together and start splicin. good ta go. as stated don't be pullin yer wire at the GF, that is what she is fer.

Last edited:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only option besides telus, is that you know an electrician that does data lines .

Hopefully this helps..7

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just call Telus and tell them that as far as you know, a tree or branch came down on the line. They shouldn't be any more expensive than any other contractor that has to come with a bucket truck to do the work. May not cost you anything.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Maybe retodd(telus) can pull a string or two for you?? Why are you worrying about the cable, when i would be getting the alleged "tree cutter" to get it fixed..... They damaged it, let them get it fixed!!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
pretty sure if you called telus and told them a tree limb came down and damaged it they would look after it....they shouldnt charge, if they try tell them you'll just switch to shaw.....easy peasy, then call shaw.....they have free install.

Top Bottom