T3 Track fray

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing excessive track fray on the edges of their T3?

I'm used to seeing 1/4 or 3/8", which I normally trim and melt the edges with a torch, but have a couple that pulled 3"+ on the new sled.

Doesn't help that I'm also a little paranoid of the lighter track.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3" yikes

back to your dealer you go !

show it to them anyway so they know its happening

mine's fraying a little bit, but thats the same as my older sleds

Clay911

Reaction score
Seen a 3" with what I call excessive fraying for being zero miles. Wouldn't bother me but I know how most are after dropping 15 grand

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine was fraying with 10 miles on it, realigned and put a couple washers on each side of the rear mounts,...seems to be fine now. the tracks are definetly tight in the tunnel and i think the thinner track just shows rubbing that much easier

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have about 20 1.5" long ones on one side, every sled I ever owned has had some track fray but no where near as bad at this. Don't feel any rubbing or different vibrations.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive noticed that i have a few 2-3" threads showing up aswell, cut them off and hit it with a lighter. if i get to many more it will be going for a dealer visit
have had to realign my track a couple times as its breaking in

Demon700

Reaction score
I have noticed that the track runs real tight in the tunnel too. I have about 185 miles on my 163 and the track is fraying more and just on the throttle side and just a couple on the brake side, which probably means it has a slight misalignment. I never got to aligning it yet. Fraying is not too much, just little ones like 1/4 long. I did notice on mine there is a slight bit of excess rubber on the track edge that want trimmed up. An dbeing a yellow tunnel i can se some black marks in my tunnel. But everything is breaking in so some of this is expected. Just 3" seems to be alot!

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of fraying on mine as well. I realigned the track as it was running off to the right. I did find that the top right idler wheel is 3/16" closer to the mount than the left. Its close enough that the track can be pushed over to rub on the right drop bracket. But the left won't push over that far. It looks like the wheel is not spaced properly. I'm curious as to whether any one else has measured the top idler wheel to drop bracket distance to see if it's the same.

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Having same issue, throttle side is bad, break side is not really anything out of the ordinary. Has any one talked to a dealer, mine told me to put on an idler wheel kit that they sell for $80. Does any one els see an issue with this, like buying a new car with 3 wheels. Than once you complain about it, they tell you that they didn't think you needed it and than insult your intelligence by selling you something that should have been there from the beginning!

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Had a friend measure his 174 as well as a couple more and a 163x. All of them have the top idlers 1/4" or more out of alignment. With the right idler being closer to the drop bracket. This is either the way they designed them or a manufacturing flaw that they will have to update.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having same issue, throttle side is bad, break side is not really anything out of the ordinary. Has any one talked to a dealer, mine told me to put on an idler wheel kit that they sell for $80. Does any one els see an issue with this, like buying a new car with 3 wheels. Than once you complain about it, they tell you that they didn't think you needed it and than insult your intelligence by selling you something that should have been there from the beginning!

how would that help track alignment

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. I have taken all idlers other than the 2rear off since 2000. Never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The t3 track does have a weird extra piece of rubber that looks like a poor trim job at the factory. Looks like once that wears off it will stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom