T3 sqweek from t-motion

sledneck_4

Reaction score
Took my 163 t3 out for a rip today and noticed a sqweek. Seems to be coming from the t motion part. Needs grease? Or did I bent somthing

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I been using fluid film on the hind ball joint pivot.... It stays there after a few rides, then touch it up again

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
You should NEVER use that crap on moving parts!!! Everything sticks to it... The only thing if ANYTHING you should be spraying on it is dry graphite. Generally if you get any snow on it it will stop. Tex is going to light me up for this but whatever. Fluid Film is like WD-40... garbage. The only thing it should ever be used for is breaking bolts... Door hinges and everything... dry graphite. It lasts WAY WAY longer and nothing is going to stick to it.

sledneck_4

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. What a relief. I'll see if I can't maybe even get some actual grease on it

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should NEVER use that crap on moving parts!!! Everything sticks to it... The only thing if ANYTHING you should be spraying on it is dry graphite. Generally if you get any snow on it it will stop. Tex is going to light me up for this but whatever. Fluid Film is like WD-40... garbage. The only thing it should ever be used for is breaking bolts... Door hinges and everything... dry graphite. It lasts WAY WAY longer and nothing is going to stick to it.
Na, to each there own dude

How is snow going to stick to fluid film?? Last time I checked there's not much dirt in snow

At least where I ride anyways

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
To each there own is right. It's a metal ball joint your not going to hurt it. Spray some white lithium grease in there if you think that's better. It'll be washed clean in a ride or two anyways

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use wd40 on mine and it hasn't squeaked again, the snow will wash off the excess oil film. I've never noticed any buildup of dirt on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom