T - Stat delete kit ???

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these kits on a REV ? Where do you get one and is it worth it. From what Ive read it seems to make sense.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I get the jist of what taking it out will do but I was wondering were to find one, besides some guy on the internet who builds them in his basement. Thanks "new24stroke"

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to sure what you mean.Al from the Sled Shed in revy knot his stuff.He's a huge doo guy.There are others also.There big john he builds the 840 big bore for do.He sells the the delete kit sledheadracing.biz.I have his 150 hp kit on my 800 doo.There is also kelsey with rk Tech as well.Go check out snowest.com .That,s where these 2 hang out so do Al from the sled shed. Hope this helps.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be more clear I would buy from Al at Sled Shed, I have in the past, what I was referring to is the fellas on some of the forums that I have never heard of, that make this stuff in their basement. Its not that its bad I was just trying to find the good parts ,rather than experiment. Thanks again I will try Al.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'll ask...what is a T-Stat delete kit, and what does it do??:confused:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It basically runs your motor cooler which = HP. The other benefit is if your t-stat fails...it fails closed which by the time you figure that out you are already shopping for pistons. P.S you MUST let your sled warm up longer with t-stat removed. They "who ever they are" clam 2-5 HP. Which to me seems rich but if I got 1HP out of it, for the price its cheapest HP out there.

cut and pasted from other forum.
It bypasses the coolant bottle so you have direct routing from the exchangers to the motor for more efficient cooling. Only reason t-stats were there to begin with was to make the sled idiot proof for the fools that pull and go.

Top Bottom