Synthetic winch cable

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CND Rope in Edmonton has the same deal but it also comes with a nice swivel hook too.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My synthetic cable looks pretty old and gross already. I bet the mud and water makes it rot ultra fast. I probably wouldn't buy one again.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unspool it and clean it with dish soap. Let it dry really good and roll it up. Good as new
You can clean all 50' in a bucket and some guys use liquid fabric softener on them to keep them smooth.

whiteface

Reaction score
Just bought a new roll of synthetic winch cable from 4 Wheel Online. My previous line last for 6 years before it snap. Well I guess its really a great investment and its way safer compared with traditional metal wire roll.

Rapid Jerry

Reaction score
Personally, If you like to play deep and have a heavy machine, I am on the steel band wagon myself. Steel can be a pain over time but I have always had good luck with it. I personally have steel on 1 machine and synthetic on another. The one with synthetic has broken once in a hard pull and I tied it back together to get me the rest of the way. I am a firm believer in if you use synthetic line, you should let it dry in the sun. Both steel and synthetic have their pros and cons really, it jut comes down to what you trust more to get you out of your situation...... although the synthetic is nice on the hands all the time!!!!!

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get synth rope do yourself a favor and watch the you tube video's of splicing the rope. You can splice it back together almost as fast as tying a not in it. Done properly you will almost never see the splice. I now have a 6" pc of close hanger and electrical tape in my tool kit for repairing rope. You can also get the big dual wall shrink wrap and cover your rollers on your fairlead if its been used with steel rope. But would recommend a alum as i found out this weekend that on extreme angles you will break the rope on the edge of the roller frame

Top Bottom