Suspension upgrade for an 08 Summit X

greginbragg

Reaction score
I made the mistake of riding a buddies 2012 Summit rental in Valemount last weekend. What a difference in handling and way easier to get it up on one ski versus my 08. Anyways, I'm considering doing the Skidoo factory suspension upgrades to fix the rear sag and change the geometry up front so that it handles more like the 11/12's. My 08 still has less than 1000 miles so I would rather spend the dough on the suspension fixes than fork out for a new sled. Has anyone out there done the upgrade(s) and if so are you happy with it? I also know that there are some aftermarket options too? Give me your opinions. Thanks.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the s36 front end and love it, rode a friends 2011 and its close. Have a friend who did the s36 and extreme air vents rear upgrade and it works awesome! I'm doing the extreme air rear skid upgrade this summer.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The s36 package and the extreme air vents upgrade worked great for me too. The s36 is the best deal ever offered by Skidoo. Whoever priced that must have been smokin some of B.C.'s finest. Should be able to do both for well under $1000. The other worthwhile upgrade is a non-ported track. Either CE 2.5 or one off a 11 or 12 that someone has swapped.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did three 08 with altinative impact aarms, and i did the extream vent front suspention update and i also did the set back for the rear sissor, totaly different sled, the narrow front end is the best mod, the s36 is pricey check out the a-arms from dan at alt, impact

Top Bottom