Susan Lake Area Golden.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would like some information on this area,Ive rode Golden a fair bit but never made it to Susan Lake trail.I know its a family area but would like to know if it would be a good area to find some untouched logging roads so we can give the girls some fairly easy powder riding.I found a area by silent pass thats perfect for this but its a long ride in and if I'm doing that I'm going to Silent Pass!Please dont suggest Blaebarry,been there done that.Info on Susan Lake or another area that has lots of closed logging roads would be great,Thx!
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Change of plans,we are going the following weekend.We would have went if there would have been more couples.It is my wifes B-day and we go to golden every year for her b-day just not with 40 guys LOL!I was OK with that but I got to respect her for bowing out!
catmando!
Bring your wife and come along!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are logging roads on the right hand side going in. Played around in there a bit on the way back frome hope creek two years ago. Didn't go to far in as we were low on fuel so not sure how big it is. Goggle it.:)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change of plans,we are going the following weekend.We would have went if there would have been more couples.It is my wifes B-day and we go to golden every year for her b-day just not with 40 guys LOL!I was OK with that but I got to respect her for bowing out!
catmando!
Bring your wife and come along!

Don't have a wife, but thanks for the invite.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to Susan Lake a couple of years ago, it was a groomed trail in and was a nice leisure ride. Had some fun on the lake but be warned if you ride on the lake and you get stuck you could be in a lot of trouble because there is a layer of water between the ice and the snow cover and if that slush gets caught up in your suspension you will have quite a time getting unstuck. There are other logging roads you can explore on the way in and if the main logging road to the Chatter Creek (you turn off that road to Susan Lake) area is not plowed there is miles and miles of sledding. Some neat sites around Kinabisket lake area.

Billy Boy:cool:

greginbragg

Reaction score
This is a great area for good snow on closed logging roads. I took my two teen boys there last year and it is an ideal trail ride. Great snow but very little sled traffic to whoop it up. Stop by the sled rental place next to the Golden Rim Motel as you come into Golden and they will give you a detailed map/directions.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got home,thanks for your reply's,Ended up going to Quartz and Silent Pass,Was a great weekend,save the trails for another day!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just got home,thanks for your reply's,Ended up going to Quartz and Silent Pass,Was a great weekend,save the trails for another day!
catmando!
THAT ORANGE CAT ACTUALLY MADE IT INTO SILENT PASS??? I BET IT SHED A FEW POUNDS ON THE WAY IN, EH?? LONG HAUL, HUH? FIRST TIME ACTAULLY UP THERE, LYLE? IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, LAST TIME YOU WENT ON A TRAIL RIDE PAST THE BRIDGE TURNOFF, RIGHT? C'MON, POST SOME PICS, YOU, YOU YOU!!!! LOL

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry Ric,Didnt have my camera,It bit the big one last trip.They dont take to snow and mud very well.Looking at the pentax Optio,nice little unit!
Next time!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sorry Ric,Didnt have my camera,It bit the big one last trip.They dont take to snow and mud very well.Looking at the pentax Optio,nice little unit!
Next time!
catmando!

IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT CAMERAS, I WOULD SUGGEST THE OLYMPUS STYLUS 790SW ONLY BECAUSE IT IS SHOCKPROOF(5 FEET), WATERPROOF(10FEET) AND FREEZEPROOF TO -14*...... I GOT ONE FOR X-MAS, AND HAVE DROPPED IT IN THE SNOW, HOTTUB, GARAGE FLOOR AND NO PROBLEMS... AWESOME LITTLE CAMERA........ ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE CHARGER IS KINDA BULKY..... JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The pentax is basically the same camera,waterproof,shockproof, ect.Ron has one and i was totally impressed.
catmando!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has the Olympus Stylus shockproof and waterproof and it is a great little camera. It is getting its torture test in Brasil right now as he is down there until the middle of March. I wonder if the camera will survive carnival:confused:

Billy Boy:cool:

Top Bottom