Survey on if you have changed your holiday plans this summer due to gas prices

Have you changed your holiday plans due to increased fuel prices?

• Yes we are going out less.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yes we are sticking closer to home riding areas.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • No we are still going h#ll bent for leather, never mind the prices!

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No but we will be spending as little money as possible.

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So with the prices of fuel going upwards and onwards, I wonder how many of us have changed or are planning to change our holiday travel arrangements. I know we will be sticking closer to home this summer. Suggestions and comments are more than welcome.:canadaflag:

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my plans are going to be the same. If not more. For me it depends on how much time I have off. I couldn't really care less about the gas prices, I need it so. If you don't like driving then fly.[then everyone can complain about the $15.00 per bag luggage fee].
Really its all about how you drive anyway. .....there is a option for those who are changing their plans, get a smart car.

whopper809

Reaction score
Heading to Idaho to the St.Anthony sand dunes for a week, no way in hell is that plan changing. Hoteling it instead of hauling the holiday trailor thou. It will be the cheaper way to go.

GRD

Reaction score
Still going out... Just trying to be more conservative on what we spend.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, if we were to change our lives every time the cost of something when up we would starve. Look at the current increases in foods such as rice and other grains, the prices have gone up substantially over the last little while. Prices going up are a fact of life, we just have to be more responsible about how we do what we do to save money.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Haven't Changed Anything Yet.... Even Though We're Paying About $6.00/gallon...... Down South It's Only About $3.95/gallon. We Abided By The Law And Saved A Ton On Gas Mileage, Averagingabout 150kph All Through The U.s. Even Got Stopped About A 100 Clicks From The Boarder After The Radar Detector Went Off, And We Slowed To 69mph In A Posted 60mph Zone..... Got Off With A Warning, That If We Were Caught Again, We'd Get The Ticket. Otherwise Will Be Pulling The Big Trailer All Across Western Canada Again This Summer..... Yahoo, Company Truck And Gas Cards Are Boss!!!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a truck payment in five years but bought a new at 0%. If I can afford the payments on the new pickup, I can afford fuel. I work so I can afford to play, so I'm gonna play.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have not changed our plans.Still pulling the trailer to California to take the
kids to disneyland.Then traveling up the central United State back home.Travelling down the West Coast Trail.Been saving for it,just saving
alittle more.My wage went up this year again which more the covers the increase in fuel prices.Don't forget people of Alberta,we also benifit everytime the oil prices go up.Just not as much as we should.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
yeah for most of us we live very well. So if it isn't the house that makes us broke or it's not the trucks, than it likely won't be the 10bucks extra it will cost to fill a tank. and as someone said driving habits have alot to do with it. Our vehicles are designed with a 55mph efficiency rating. Only thing is it feels like you are standing still

CRF230LKEL

Reaction score
When we go on vacation we dont stress over gas prices, its supposed to be fun. But it will affect my daily driving habits. My new vehicle uses more than my current car, so I will try to maximze each trip to town.

Top Bottom