Surprise rt1000 problems anyone help?

Drh00

Reaction score
So I went to start up my sled today and it won't stay running starts great but runs for a bit then the lights start to flicker then shut off then engine light comes on and the Ol girl shuts off and i took the belt off and when i tried to rev it up sounds like it hits a rev limiter and back fires sometimes any suggestions fuel is fuel. Help

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ouch......... Don't ever run an engine with the belt off and try to rev it....... Can cause major damage to engine from over revving....... In the fuse box, there are 2 or 3 relays..... Remove them and check connections for corrosion etc...... I replace those relays every 2nd year anyway. Cheap insurance. 2 are for the injection system and the other is for sled electronics. Also, what state is your battery in? Fully charged?

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buddy of my had a problem like that, I beleive it was a wire from his fuel pump. I left him a msg to call me and i will post that if i think it will help.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Rick said, check battery and don't let it get low on the rt's........

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thanks for the help turns out it was a fuse simple fix

yup, usually easy fix..... Replace those 3 relays in your fuse box and use dielectric grease on the connectors....... You can get them at napa(bosch style relays) and they're cheap..... You pay 4 or 5 times more for the brp relays.......

cobraclone

Reaction score
Batteries are the root cause of probably 75% of the problems the RT's have. Glad you were able to quickly trace it to a fuse. Its a good idea to drop a few dollars every fall for a new battery and have some piece of mind.

Top Bottom