Suppreme tool secondary

shedy

Reaction score
Looking for some input on suppreme secondary or the Monster clutch from bdx on M 1000. Tired of stock garbage not working. Like to here if the suppreme or the monster bdx clutch is worth the money.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have any seat time with either but have heard the STM woks good. I have my M1K working pretty good ie does not burn belts low clutch heat good track speed etc its not perfect but it works good. Pm me if you are at all intrested and i will gladly share what i know.

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Looking for some input on suppreme secondary or the Monster clutch from bdx on M 1000. Tired of stock garbage not working. Like to here if the suppreme or the monster bdx clutch is worth the money.

At Mountain Magic we have had very good luck with the Supreme Tools Secondary. I personally ran one on my 1160 big bore with great success and we will be running one on our shop M-1000 turbo which also has a BDX drive. We also have many customers running them on M-8 turbos so we decided to stock them.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Read the thread and thought you were talking about summitric .......LOL! LMAO BA!HA!
catmando!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 06 M7 and here are my thoughts/experiences:

-Its not as "bolt on and go" as STM makes it out to be. I had to shim my engine over with 3/8" washers on my engine mounts to get the correct alignment. Not a big deal but apparently some guys need to do this and some guys don't. Its like theres a couple thousandths of an inch difference between sleds

-The clutching recommendations that STM are meant for flatlanding. In my case I had to really lighten up the weights in the primary to get the proper RPM and I went to a green sno pro spring in the secondary

-The stock belt guard won't fit and I had to pound back part of the footwell so that the sheaves didn't hit it on full shift out

Once I got it dialed the clutch is stupid easy to tune and adjust. You just have to throw a 3/8ths ratchet, extenstion and a 9/16ths socket in your tool pouch if you ever needed to pull the belt off.

It is the best mod I've done to the sled. My track speed picked up and is always consistent now and I don't need any special tools to adjust/take apart my secondary now.

Hope this helps:)

Top Bottom