Status
Not open for further replies.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so your tellin consumers to ignore the " offroad use only "

but heed the " to be used in conjunction with a rear clamp"

doesnt seem right to me !

what is to understand. new straps must have ratings, mechanical straps do not. he states the rating of his clamps, you don't like you don't buy. hmm eazy peazy :rolleyes:

Last edited:

highmarkdude

Reaction score
what is to understand. new straps must have ratings, mechanical straps do not. he states the rating of his clamps, you don't like you don't buy. hmm eazy peazy unless the short bus stops out front. :rolleyes:

the " working load rating " is NOT on the clamps

I bought already !

still doesnt answer the "off road" question !

takes a big man to fling personal insults through your computer! :wtg:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I bought already !

don't use them then dude, don't you think superclamp has done their homework on this? just sell the fawkin things and you're done with them.

Superclamp

Reaction score
so your tellin consumers to ignore the " offroad use only "

but heed the " to be used in conjunction with a rear tiedown"

doesnt seem right to me !

I explained clearly why we had to put on For off road use only, it because we sell our product into Europe, did you not read my post..... I did not tell you or any of my Customers to ignore the writing. " To be used in conjunction with a rear Tiedown " Doesn't seem right to you, again read the Transportation Requirements again, You have to secure your load, front and back, so we are just telling you as it is the LAW. Please read it again.

Last edited:

Superclamp

Reaction score

I bought already !

I also explained that in my post as of 2006 that is when we put the load rating on our clamps, yours may not have it. I dont think anyone is flinging personal insults too you, your reading into it to much. Again use your clamps and dont worry be happy. Just think , "no more screwing with you old tie down systems".

Last edited:

highmarkdude

Reaction score
I explained clearly why we had to put on For off road use only, it because we sell our product into Europe, did you not read my post..... I did not tell you or any of my Customers to ignore the writing. " To be used in conjunction with a rear Tiedown " Doesn't seem right to you, again read the Transportation Requirements again, You have to secure your load, front and back, so we are just telling you as it is the LAW. Please read it again.

The reason why you put " off road use only " doesnt really matter ! Fact is thats what is says and youir telling consumers to igrnore a label on your product , you can talk all day long but fact is you printed that on the product . If it was to apply to europe only why not put that on their ?

I also explained that in my post as of 2006 that is when we put the load rating on our clamps, yours may not have it. I dont think anyone is flinging personal insults too you, your reading into it to much. Again use your clamps and dont worry be happy. Just think , "no more screwing with you old tie down systems".

I am happy that i no longer need to screw , but i,m concerned the product is not labeled correctly and I may have a problem with an officer following the letter of the law

if anyones not reading correctly its you ! again:

the new superclamp do NOT have a "working load rating" ( pay attention to the quotations and bold lettering ! )

Superclamp

Reaction score
The reason why you put " off road use only " doesnt really matter ! Fact is thats what is says and youir telling consumers to igrnore a label on your product , you can talk all day long but fact is you printed that on the product . If it was to apply to europe only why not put that on their ?

I am happy that i no longer need to screw , but i,m concerned the product is not labeled correctly and I may have a problem with an officer following the letter of the law

the new superclamp do NOT have a "working load rating" ( pay attention to the quotations and bold lettering ! )

Sir, We do not know what else to say to you, so, If you feel that our Tie Down Clamping System Does not meet the requirements of the Transport Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (standard 906). Please feel free to find a system that satifies your NEEDS, requirements, proper wording and load rating. Have a nice day.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sir, We do not know what else to say to you, so, If you feel that our Tie Down Clamping System Does not meet the requirements of the Transport Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (standard 906). Please feel free to find a system that satifies your NEEDS, requirements, proper wording and load rating. Have a nice day.....

guess some people just can't comprehend the requirements of the motor vehicle safety regs. anyway thank you for the information. :beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what do you not understand, by law they are not required to have a work load rating and voila they do not. tie down straps require a rating as of jan1.

highmarkdude

Reaction score
what do you not understand, by law they are not required to have a work load rating and voila they do not. tie down straps require a rating as of jan1.

what dont you understand ? they are labelled " for offroad use " and they are sold and reperesented in Canada as to be used on road

tpollon2

Reaction score
Hollow everybody. I am here to tell all Superclamp Users as well as the ones who dont. Superclamps are Totally Legal. #1- You have all read the postings of the DOT requirerments, Some are reading it , but they are misinterpetting what is being said. #2-Tie down Straps (motorcycle tie down and ratchet straps) are to be load rated to comply with the new regulations, NOT Tie down Bars or Tie Down Clamps (ours are a mechanical device). This does not mean if your old Tie Down straps dont have a load rating you cannot use them, the new regulations is for the Manufactures of Tie Down Straps now needs to have a load rating on them before you can sell it to the consumer. Our Clamp since 2006 have a load rating on them as we had to do this to Comply with the DOT in Europe as well as we had to put For off road use only. The word Tie Down is a slang, because it can mean a lot of things. Question, have you read everything on the superclamp? Why is there still people not tieing the rear of their sleds down, we say that on the clamp , to be used in conjuction with a rear tie down (to be clear strap or clamp). If you have any Questions on, If Superclamps are Legal or not, I would be happy to answer anyone question about this posting. Feel free to call me Randall from Superclamp 1-403-203-2210 Thanks to all that use Superclamp.

whats your offer ? :)
Hello highmarkdude
I have a friend looking for some Superclamps. Are yours for sale then?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I went and looked at mine, One says nothing about weight load or off road use, the other says max snowmobile weight 800lbs and for off road use only, so I guess the guys with yamaha's cant use them:d,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom