SuperChip???

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a GMC 2002 3/4 ton 6.0L for wicked cheap, so I need to put a chip in. Who has had the best luck, with what chip?

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disregard my post as I am a moron and I thought you had a Ford!

Last edited:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PPE, Performance Pacific! Hands down, blow the doors off Super Chip for GM/Chev.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for more power and milage go with airaid intake ,air aid throttle body spacer and exhaust first.Ive done these for other customers in stages and the chip doesn't pay off until the other three things are done first.PM me and i can hook you up with the right stuff.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$5000.00 ext cab short box 220000km 4x4 3/4 ton, its in great shape, it has some scratches here and there with the odd little ding. I was going to buy a 06 or 07 dodge mega cab out of the US but when this truck came up it, will get me buy for the stuff I need a truck for. I figured that trucks might get cheaper down there with the price of gas.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a "03 chev 2500 with dual straight pipes (still have cats though), K&n cold air intake, hypertech programer.. Truck works great i love it.. Lookin at doin a cam hear soon and headers.. Then i'll get a custom computer tune.. Lookin to get towards that good old 500hp mark.. Also with your 6.0L if it is an LQ4 which it most likely is, you can interchange parts off of a LS1 with your motor.. I've found an awesome truck performance forum that has all makes and mild to wild crap.. Pm me if you want to more..

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a "03 chev 2500 with dual straight pipes (still have cats though), K&n cold air intake, hypertech programer.. Truck works great i love it.. Lookin at doin a cam hear soon and headers.. Then i'll get a custom computer tune.. Lookin to get towards that good old 500hp mark.. Also with your 6.0L if it is an LQ4 which it most likely is, you can interchange parts off of a LS1 with your motor.. I've found an awesome truck performance forum that has all makes and mild to wild crap.. Pm me if you want to more..

Did you notice a change in fuel mileage with any of those mods?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah.. Now on the highway even when i'm loaded down i get 15+mpg.. And that was before the cold air intake which seems have made it abit better.. But if you get a cold air intake make sure it has the intake tube in the kit.. Also another thing to look at is electric fans.. They free up like another 25+hp.. The fan on the 6.0L trucks are huge..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out performancetrucks.net This is a strickly vehicle forum that is awesome.. Tonnes of really good info..

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go see John at Performance Parts Centre in edmonton. He is highly knowledgeable and the prices there cant be beat. We buy all our parts and ppe for the race car through them.;)

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did f-350 last summer for a customer with a V-10 in it.I did Intake system with tube,throttle body spacer and single exhaust.He was telling me he put 10 tanks of gas throw and found that he was gaining about 65 to 80 km better fuel milage And better mid range power to tow.6 L chev I've been told they have gained 45 to 65 km on tank of gas.The biggest problem with these mods done to trucks is people now change there driving habits,they figure now that the have some more power and noise to the truck they can run them alittle hard,then the milage goes down.If you drive them the same you will gain a few points in milage.

Qub3d

Reaction score
If your looking for more power and milage go with airaid intake ,air aid throttle body spacer and exhaust first.Ive done these for other customers in stages and the chip doesn't pay off until the other three things are done first.PM me and i can hook you up with the right stuff.

Are you talking specifically to the GMC/Chev or does this apply to any truck?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a new cold air intake on my truck a K&N system, man it is nice.. Makes it even louder now...SWEET...LOL....LOL... Milage is a little down though, but i think that is more due to lead foot syndrome though..LOL..

Top Bottom