Summit 800HO help

corey.greene

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just purchased a sled that needed some work the motor is blown. Don't know much about the sled but after taking it apart I found what I believe is one of the boot on the reed must have a leak and leaned it out. The bottom rod bearing let go and cracked the bottom case and beat up the top case.

Looking to rebuild the motor but since I have it all open and apart I am looking for some advice as to what are the good upgrades and the upgrades to stay away from? What rods are good? Dual ring pistons?

Also any help as to what years of skidoo 800's are interchangeable and will 800r parts work?

Any advice is much appreciated or anyone with part laying around that want to sell.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had that much work to do I would go buy a short block right from the dealer. Some dealers will honor the 1 year warranty even if you install it. (normally need a good relationship with that dealer) That way everything except the head comes together, pop it in and your off to the races.

No 800R parts work with HO's. 03-07 HO's should all be interchangeable.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Got her all built. Ran good for the first time out but near the end of the trip she started to shake real bad? clutch has a clicking noise as well now and as I am running down a steep hill it is like i can feel gears vibrating the machine? whats normal and what needs to be investigated? thanks for your help.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chain case,primary come loose on crank,jack shaft/driveshaft nbearings list goes on check anything that is moving

corey.greene

Reaction score
I just took chain case apart everything looks and feels good. Took the clutch off and everything looks good in there as well. I am stumped. I did just buy a clutch from a 2005 800HO because the shaft in my old one was broken and I noticed in the new clutch on the arms there were some sort of plate with a nut and bolt on the back side of them were my stock clutch did not have them. what are those for? i put 16g of weight into the arms but Im thinking maybe I might be wrong now.

Top Bottom