sturgeon river

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally got some ridin in over the holidays, just some ditch bangin around redwater/gibbons, see now what i've been missin all these years great fun. Seen alought of tracks on the sturgeon river,didn't try it out,ridin alone,just wondering how safe and how far u can go on it right now,might try it today.Great site by the way.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well finally got some ridin in over the holidays, just some ditch bangin around redwater/gibbons, see now what i've been missin all these years great fun. Seen alought of tracks on the sturgeon river,didn't try it out,ridin alone,just wondering how safe and how far u can go on it right now,might try it today.Great site by the way.

Sturgeon river runs all the way from Big lake on the west side of St.albert, all the way to the North Saskatchewan river and comes out across from the scotsford site. Be carefull on the river (sturgeon) as there are all kinds of twists and turns and alot of people coming at you on the turns riding quads and other sleds. I've seen a few collisions on there over the years.....

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was on there this past sunday, loads of quads, and be very careful, there is lots of soft spots, with a few open water areas.

beautiful country to ride in

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)The sturgeon starts at lake isle,then goes to alberta beach,then to big lake then east.......you got to watch for the farmers who run their septic out to the river...it never freezes..

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sturgeon river runs all the way from Big lake on the west side of St.albert, all the way to the North Saskatchewan river and comes out across from the scotsford site. Be carefull on the river (sturgeon) as there are all kinds of twists and turns and alot of people coming at you on the turns riding quads and other sleds. I've seen a few collisions on there over the years.....

I Grew up in St.Albert and used to ride the Strugeon River lots... in the '80's :D We used to ride right from our yard down to Big Lake and rip right through "downtown" past the Bruin Inn and off to Gibons etc. Lots of accidents and injuries on that river... awesome for racing but WAY dangerous! Lots of tight blind corners.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah the Bruin Inn............we used to park under the bridge and sneak in for a cold one when we traveled the river................Ah for the good old days

Top Bottom