Straight answers with facts to back SC vs. turbo nytro

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a nytro mpi stage 3 supercharger, has all the add ons to make it run right. I researched the crap out of superchargers and am confident that this one has all the right mods done to make it work very. The answers I am after is why people slam superchargers. I have talked to 6 individuals who personally own superchargers and only 1 was not happy and switching to a turbo. I get that a charger pound for pound will not run with a turbo. I am not after that. I am after a super boodocker with climbing capabilities when needed. I suspect that I could get a 22lb sc nytro to run with 16-18lb turbo nytro, that would be great and would exceed any on my needs for climbing horse power. Can some of you guys chime in that have experience with the SC and not just an opinion of whether it is not better than a turbo, thanks. I need to sort this out before next wednesday as I likly have a fellow leaving me deposit on my m7turbo and if I really do not want to get rid of the m7t prematurley if I won't be pleased with this thing.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is not my sled but a friend that I ride with.
Have had problems with blowing belts apart, pullies falling off, and control boxes failing. Thats about it.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the pulleys and belts issue sorted and the tuner boxes are not different than any other box on the market. thanks for the heads up though. anyone know why the chargers seem to hit a wall? no one seems to be able to give me an answer that makes sense other than "it just does".

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a nytro mpi stage 3 supercharger, has all the add ons to make it run right. I researched the crap out of superchargers and am confident that this one has all the right mods done to make it work very. The answers I am after is why people slam superchargers. I have talked to 6 individuals who personally own superchargers and only 1 was not happy and switching to a turbo. I get that a charger pound for pound will not run with a turbo. I am not after that. I am after a super boodocker with climbing capabilities when needed. I suspect that I could get a 22lb sc nytro to run with 16-18lb turbo nytro, that would be great and would exceed any on my needs for climbing horse power. Can some of you guys chime in that have experience with the SC and not just an opinion of whether it is not better than a turbo, thanks. I need to sort this out before next wednesday as I likly have a fellow leaving me deposit on my m7turbo and if I really do not want to get rid of the m7t prematurley if I won't be pleased with this thing.
Randy at RPM powersports here in Whitecourt ran a sc'd Apex last year, he should be able to give you some input on the +/_ of the SC. 780-706-2411

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a SC.. just turbo's.. however one of my buddies rode a SC apex this last season.. never had any big issues with it other than tuning... we ride between 3k-11k ft... and he had a trouble getting a setup for each place we go.. he didnt like it.. but it did run ok when he got it tuned.. I think I will be sticking with turbo's though

Top Bottom