MPI Supercharger RPMs Nytro, Exhaust, more hp

sledman22

Reaction score
I just bought a 10 nytro with a 180hp mpi supercharger. I am only seeing 8250 rpms tops. From what I have been reading I should be seeing closer to 9000 right? Also I want more horsepower. If I bump it up to 200 with bigger pullies is this sled going to still run on pump gas? Also with 200hp is it going to need a different suspension to keep the skis down? If I change the exhaust so it will dump out in front of the track is that possible so I can get rid of all that weight?

powder muncher

Reaction score
You can not run a super without muffler period.

You need clutching to get your RPM up, Higher RPM = Higher boost = more power

The superchargers get real loud even with a after market pipe they ring your ears. On a turbo the turbo itself acts like a muffler, that is why they can just dump the exhaust on the track.

sledman22

Reaction score
Well what I meant about being able to dump is close to the engine is so I can lose more pounds on the sled.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pretty sure you your motor should run 8900 Rpm top, you need to adjust you primary. If your only seeing 8250, you most likely have to much weight in your primary. There are after market exhaust that works really well with the MPI supercharger. Give the guys at E&S Motorcycle (Darren) in Fort Saskatchewan Alberta (Canada) 780-997-3818, he built one for supercharge or non supercharge Nytro that made 6 to 8 hp if I'm not mistaken (I could be wrong on those number but I'm almost positive there rite) and not to forget the weight lost of the exhaust.

Supernytro

Reaction score
Ya call Darren he did up my sled. I also want to bump up the sc another 3-4 psi.

Avalancheabbott

Reaction score
Iam Running the same sled, with the stage 1 mpi kit. It's got an aftermarket EXEL exhaust with about a 10 pound savings over the factory set up. It runs a consistent 8900 rpm at 7000ft elevation. Primary weight is key in maintaining top end rpm. At 8900rpm boost is 10 psi.. Thats an extra 100hp. For every pound of boost produces 10hp. That puts it about 220hp

moffatt

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 super on an 08 and I'm running 16lbs of boost but revs only about 8300-8600 it making boost but not the rpms can someone Explain that?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stage 2 super on an 08 and I'm running 16lbs of boost but revs only about 8300-8600 it making boost but not the rpms can someone Explain that?

RPM is controlled by clutching. Either remove some primary weight or put in the smaller diameter rollers Yammy makes.

Top Bottom