stock sucks

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Lately I have the urge to get back into modding. I still have that famous 670 that burnt down more thimes than I care to think about but now I think that I have it figured out (this moter beat me bad) the end product of many thousands of $$$$$$$$ 670 with 2mm srtoke and pistons that belong in a small block chevy about 790 cc fully ported and a fuel injection system with a custom throttle body asy. I took it down off the shelf in the garage the other day and it didn't look that bad just two pistons and go back to carbs maybe use the 44s that are bored and just sitting around get it running. I have crank shop pipes ,slp pipes ,gaune(that french guy) pipes and fast pipes. Just have to take out the slimy tripple out of the custom built S frame mountain sled that has a $hit load of crome molly custom tunnel and a 151 2.25 finger track breed it all together and make some noise. Keep this on the hush if the wife finds out that I even touched that moter she might leave me. On second thought please tell her about it that could be a two fer great sled and no wife :ignore: should I take the plunge or should I sit with the tail tucked between my legs and wait for the 08 snow check knowing that every time I walk by that shelf you can hear that 670 giggling ha ha I whipped your fat a$$ real bad :nono: but I am real chicken to open the wallet close to the beast for fear of what it will grab:eek:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said when I sold my Escape that my next sled would be stock with just a can. I'm trying to decide between 2 '06 Summit X's....one with a Crankshop pipe, the other with a CPI pipe, plus a few other goodies on both.:rolleyes: At least I'm down from 2 pipes to one.....I'm on my way to kicking the mod addiction.:D:D

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Modding sleds I think that it is like crack and it never lets go of you. I have been stock since 2004 and have gone through 2 sleds and not so much as a can. stock has its advantages 1) you can come home late at night and not wake up everyone 2) you can ride a whole season with out wrenching on your sled 3) You are not expected to be the fastest or put the high mark 4) you get better gas mileage 5) having enough money to ride the complete season 6) the best is you don't get pulled home by a cat Modding advantages 1) if you are not on the edge you are using too much room pull over 2) your sled does not look the same as the next sled 3) you can and will spank all the stockers 4) the best sound in the world is a setup triple with pipes making a climb 5) keeping your mechanic skills honed. 6) testing your credit limit 7) sitting in the truck (you blew up) and making sure that those slime sucking maggots don't steal it :confused:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sounds like you've already made the decision and all your looking for is a bit of a push...here you go:

GO FOR IT!!!

Modding sleds I think that it is like crack and it never lets go of you. I have been stock since 2004 and have gone through 2 sleds and not so much as a can. stock has its advantages 1) you can come home late at night and not wake up everyone 2) you can ride a whole season with out wrenching on your sled 3) You are not expected to be the fastest or put the high mark 4) you get better gas mileage 5) having enough money to ride the complete season 6) the best is you don't get pulled home by a cat Modding advantages 1) if you are not on the edge you are using too much room pull over 2) your sled does not look the same as the next sled 3) you can and will spank all the stockers 4) the best sound in the world is a setup triple with pipes making a climb 5) keeping your mechanic skills honed. 6) testing your credit limit 7) sitting in the truck (you blew up) and making sure that those slime sucking maggots don't steal it :confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best sound in the world is a setup triple with pipes making a climb

Nobody that's ever heard a crisp running triple/triple climb can argue that point. Any Gagne pipes I've ever heard sounded absolutly sic. Build 'er up!!!:cool: As for the wife......I think my sig answers that one.:D:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Although I've always been a Twin guy, whocan argue with the awesome sound of a well tuned triple.
Nobody that's ever heard a crisp running triple/triple climb can argue that point. Any Gagne pipes I've ever heard sounded absolutly sic. Build 'er up!!!:cool: As for the wife......I think my sig answers that one.:D:D

Smiley

Reaction score
Dear Lost:nono:

You do not have the time to back to modding sleds!!!!

That is just my 2 cents:Protest:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Words to live by:
If you ain't wrecking, you ain't riddin.:Snowmobile1:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY LOST: OH, OH:eek:...... THE DAUGHTER FOUND OUT, GUESS THE WIFE WON'T BE FAR BEHIND(YOU KNOW WOMEN). THE MODDED SLED AND ENGINE AREN'T GETTING ANY YOUNGER, SO, MAYBE THROW THEM TOGETHER AND SEE WHAT BECOMES OF IT.......... P.S.: YOU DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA 670X ENGINE KICKING AROUND THE GARAGE THESE DAYS DOO YOU???

Smiley

Reaction score
Hey now there was no need for that!!!! lol

All I am saying is that Lost enjoys riding NOT wrenching. And now is have more toys......(62 Bonnville on it's way)

If you are going to ride a mod sled you have to expect you well be spendingmore time fixing ( or in guy terms perfecting ) then riding.

they just hand in hand.
:help:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another reason to do it......I still love the smell of race fuel. As long as someone else is payin' for it.:D:D

Top Bottom