still needing help

perry27

Reaction score
ok guys im in trouble AGAIN I own a 2001 summit 600 bought a ho for it, but wouldnt work so i bought the right motor for it but now im not getting any fire theres no live or ground coming out for the main harness from the stator checked all 3 wire plugs no light so i thought it might be the stator tore it apart it looks brand new and everything seems fine checked the wires they seem fine magnet is touching its fine what am i doing wrong? the old engine i got spark from that same wire? any help be great thanks.

perry27

Reaction score
ok guys im in trouble AGAIN I own a 2001 summit 600 bought a ho for it, but wouldnt work so i bought the right motor for it but now im not getting any fire theres no live or ground coming out for the main harness from the stator checked all 3 wire plugs no light so i thought it might be the stator tore it apart it looks brand new and everything seems fine checked the wires they seem fine magnet is touching its fine what am i doing wrong? the old engine i got spark from that same wire? any help be great thanks.

I took the stator in to the electrical shop they tested it at 15.8 ohms but i still have to live coming out of it n0things worn so it looks i compared it to 2 other motors and its in a lot better shape than they are. what THE HECK IS WRONG? i need to go play

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take stator from old motor install on new motor might work.make sure dpm,dess are connected from main harness and stator.i think they need power to control spark. tim

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try swapping out stators, go back and ensure all your connectors are together, all the dess and kill switch. and make sure your test light works

perry27

Reaction score
yeah but there should still be something showing from one of the 3 plugs coming out of the stator right. i test lighted it all 3 and nothing

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does your machine have the DESS sysytem of just a normal tether?

perry27

Reaction score
yes it has dess should be the same for the new engine but not positive had to change the recoil spacer and a thermostat housing but the rest is all the same

perry27

Reaction score
theres an engine on the bench but the stator is different the same color wires on that stator gives me fire, the yel (2) and blk (1) give live but the engine in the sled nothing out of the 8 wires, stator checked and finemagnets look like same distance apart

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 01 800 has 2 leads off mag, round plug - 2 yellow 1 black.triangle plug -1red, 1redblack, 1black, i would put orig parts on new motor.

perry27

Reaction score
thank you for that info but it is the same, it is the proper one I think im just not getting enough ohms or a bad ground , although everything looks brand new and im getting ohms through the stator just may be not enough, im just testing the plugs out of the stator with a light tester, if this engine were to have a battery on it would anything be diff? i doubt it eh...

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
book says lighing coil 00.1-00.4 ohms , 0.5-2.0 volts must crank engine over to test.yellow yellow wires. ign coil red-blackred 11.6-21.6 ohms 15.0-30.0 volts.pull over 3 times check findings.sounds like you have bad ground or broken wire check wires behind stator.good luck. tim

perry27

Reaction score
k awesome i found out that everything had to be hooked up first, now im still not getting spark no power coming out of the computer only going in anyone have the same sled so i can try out my computer

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what yr is new motor? sounds like you have a rer stator in there(had to change spacer for pull start).

perry27

Reaction score
k found out i needed everything hooked up got light from the first plug that goes into the computer but nothing comes out the plug that goes to the coil. i wonder if my computer is gone i wired the kill switch together so i eliminated that and the stator no live anywhere else after the first plug. anyone have the same sled i can try my computer out on? are the stator different with rer? same year motors iguess

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stator wider for rer i think.if old stator and flywheel are around i would use them. tim

perry27

Reaction score
ill check, the old one is done for. let someone remove it that didnt know what he was doing..

perry27

Reaction score
its pluged in dont know if it works, i think the cab was riped off the wires were tied back in and the spedometer cable was broken off

Top Bottom