Stay out of the caribou closure areas

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I think its so funny how everyone calls MW an idiot and runs him down for being from an other country ect.Have any of you met him, The man is a fricken genius and very shrewd bussiness man.its we sledders who are the idiots,All mike has to do is sit back and watch us cut our own throats.
Sledders consistantly ignore the rules and boundrys set up for other backcountry users.Its only a matter of time till ole mike has the hills all to himself.

he must have given you a good deal on skiing hey, have you not read or heard any comments of his on sledders, not just boundary issues but HAVING TO SAVE US when we get in trouble, i would like to see his safety record since he started his buisness, you dont hear of all the accidents he has had.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is just out looking after business.He is just playing the game far better than we are.
I see the real problem being that most of the people who are doing 99 percent of the work to keep areas open and maintained are small businesses or volunteers. People like the Leroys or viedimens of revelstoke, the bbtoys of mcbride and countless others who give endlessly for the love of the sport.Where are the big dealership,s where are the martins, the dons and riversides.I told one such dealer on here that they need to do more and was told that they already support the ASA.DO YOU THINK THAT MW LEAVES IT TO THE ALPINE SKI CLUB TO LOOK AFTER KEEPING HIS AREAS OPEN.There are more than enough votes and dollars out there to keep our mountains open.
The people who make their living off these hills need to put up and start funding the efforts to support land access as well as the people who are enjoying this sport.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is just out looking after business.He is just playing the game far better than we are.
I see the real problem being that most of the people who are doing 99 percent of the work to keep areas open and maintained are small businesses or volunteers. People like the Leroys or viedimens of revelstoke, the bbtoys of mcbride and countless others who give endlessly for the love of the sport.Where are the big dealership,s where are the martins, the dons and riversides.I told one such dealer on here that they need to do more and was told that they already support the ASA.DO YOU THINK THAT MW LEAVES IT TO THE ALPINE SKI CLUB TO LOOK AFTER KEEPING HIS AREAS OPEN.There are more than enough votes and dollars out there to keep our mountains open.
The people who make their living off these hills need to put up and start funding the efforts to support land access as well as the people who are enjoying this sport.

i know martins is a large sponsor of varda. but your right. where are most of these guys.

we sink hundreds of thousands into this sport i think we should start making some larger personal donations....i cant at the moment but will be in the future.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thing that is troublesome for good or bad is that organization`s such as varda or the asa dont play political hardball like mike does, when a chopper goes down or a skier is lost, they dont stand before the cammers and point fingers.
We are fighting against groups that will do and say anything to further their causes.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some thing that is troublesome for good or bad is that organization`s such as varda or the asa dont play political hardball like mike does, when a chopper goes down or a skier is lost, they dont stand before the cammers and point fingers.
We are fighting against groups that will do and say anything to further their causes.

Yep. When a skier died earlier in the year it was reported as a sledder, but it was never corrected. How many skier fatalities this year?? Haven't heard of any on the news but if you read the CAC website....

Going to do some research today. Be back later.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they call them sledskier's,still paints it on use,doc died last week in nelson area

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they call them sledskier's,still paints it on use,doc died last week in nelson area

A doctor died last week in Clearwater that was sledskiing.....didn't hear about the one in Nelson........:confused:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A doctor died last week in Clearwater that was sledskiing.....didn't hear about the one in Nelson........:confused:

thats right Lexy diff. death down in koot's,just getting point out that skier's are using sled a ton to get access and we take the rap when anyone dies in back country or crosses boundry's....Dam sledders:d

Top Bottom