Starting rev after rolling it over

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any tips on starting a 2006 summit 800x rev after rolling it to get it unstuck?Thank you!
how long has it been taking to get it going again? 10- 20 pulls? i had some issues with that, couldn't get the sled running for nothing, ended up pullin the plugs and sitting around for awhile. turns out the carbs needed some adjustment.

georgef

Reaction score
Im thinking its around 20 pulls. Generally I do hold the throttle open as well doesn't seem to make a difference. I know nothing about adjusting the carbs should I bring it to the dealer to look at or is it simple?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing I added to ny old rev was a fuel shut off. Just for that reason

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing I added to ny old rev was a fuel shut off. Just for that reason

I think they all have a built in shutoff beginning with the zx chassis. it's a spring and ball setup that only opens when the fuel pump pulls fuel from the tank.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just made it 5 to 10 pulls to start cause Ur not getting more fuel.

Plus sometimes it would flood from too full

So I made it just like a old s chassis

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my solution to the problem was an e-start kit....fawk pullin that thing when I'm gassed

georgef

Reaction score
I like the estart idea. Generally im to tired to pull by the time I dig myself out!! Change of topic anyone have an estart kit for a 2006 summit 800HO
Cheers!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06X 800 might be 3-4 pulls tops, but I always hold WOT to start, rolled or not. E-start is the chit if ya got it!

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im thinking its around 20 pulls. Generally I do hold the throttle open as well doesn't seem to make a difference. I know nothing about adjusting the carbs should I bring it to the dealer to look at or is it simple?
the dealer adjusted mine as it was already there for other things. they also told me if that didn't solve the problem, some times the check valve in the fuel pump sticks open apparently. from what i understand that will then let fuel run through into the carbs continuously if your up side down for a bit. but unfortunately you then need to replace the whole pump.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealer adjusted mine as it was already there for other things. they also told me if that didn't solve the problem, some times the check valve in the fuel pump sticks open apparently. from what i understand that will then let fuel run through into the carbs continuously if your up side down for a bit. but unfortunately you then need to replace the whole pump.
that's their spring and ball system. never heard of them sticking open, but more than one case where they get water in them and freeze closed. maybe debris from the tank could hold them open if the filter is not in place.

airbat

Reaction score
One trick that works good for me is undo dpm vent line and make sure its drained right dry before pulling over. Starts in half the pulls, u still have to hold wide open.

Driftbuster

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Summit 800R and just went to the mountains, Valemount BC and mine would start first pull after I rolled it over to get unstuck.. Just roll it over as fast as possible and just hold throttle lightly when you pull and mine always fired up 1st pull, except when it was upside down for about 25 minutes it took 2 pulls to start then died and then took 20 + pulls to get going again..

Kewar

Reaction score
I have the same 06 800 summit. And the quicker i can get it back on the track the better of course. My technique is to first let it sit first for about a smoke break amount of time. Pull 5 x. No throttle. Wait 1 minute to breathe. Then about1- 3 pulls with full throttle. And braaaaaap. Braaap

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another tip... when you roll it over your exh is generally packed with snow or it's sitting in a lot of snow. I always kick the snow around my can before I start pulling. makes it a lot easier

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another tip... when you roll it over your exh is generally packed with snow or it's sitting in a lot of snow. I always kick the snow around my can before I start pulling. makes it a lot easier

Yep! Get it on flat ground, Clear around the exhaust, let it sit for 5 mins, pull over with full gas right from the start should be 5-10 pulls all sleds are diff and depends how long it was over for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom