Starlink

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 5 roams now for work, I can change the roam dish to fixed residential service and save the $30/month.

I have also heard that change is permanent to avoid people buying the cheap residential dishes and using them to roam. (To my knowledge the hardware of a roam vs residential is the exact same).

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
has anyone used an old Bell mount to put their starlink on the roof of the house? I don't want to put more mounts up but I have an old Bell dish mount up there.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone used an old Bell mount to put their starlink on the roof of the house? I don't want to put more mounts up but I have an old Bell dish mount up there.

You should be able to use it with the starlink pole adapter.
I got one to mount the starlink on my tripod I used for my old satellite dish and it mounts quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 5 roams now for work, I can change the roam dish to fixed residential service and save the $30/month.

I have also heard that change is permanent to avoid people buying the cheap residential dishes and using them to roam. (To my knowledge the hardware of a roam vs residential is the exact same).

The hardware is different, kinda doesn’t make sense but a coworker that got a residential kit when I got my roam said his cord was only 50ft where mine is 75ft.

My app is warning me that I may not be able to select the residential now that my plan is mobile, who knows if that’s true tho. I did notice that the app no longer has the ability to pause and unpause my service.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hardware is different, kinda doesn’t make sense but a coworker that got a residential kit when I got my roam said his cord was only 50ft where mine is 75ft.

My app is warning me that I may not be able to select the residential now that my plan is mobile, who knows if that’s true tho. I did notice that the app no longer has the ability to pause and unpause my service.

You have to log in to your acct on a pc to pause or unpause.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slightly different but if you can drill a hole in a pipe, you can make it work. Our house came with 4 dish mounts haha

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to log in to your acct on a pc to pause or unpause.

Yep I have to now. Used to be able to do it with the app as well.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got a residential with a 50' cord which was too short, had to order a 75'.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it has been asked and answered but, we have a house in BC and a cabin in Newfoundland we plan to spend 3-6 months in yearly.

Anyone use the same system under similar circumstances? Say Alberta and BC?

Residence package?

Our cabin has zero cell service, which I like, but wife not so much.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it has been asked and answered but, we have a house in BC and a cabin in Newfoundland we plan to spend 3-6 months in yearly.

Anyone use the same system under similar circumstances? Say Alberta and BC?

Residence package?

Our cabin has zero cell service, which I like, but wife not so much.

You will need the roam/rv package.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, you can have a separate shipping address.
I went on my starlink account and went to go change the shipping and service address to my folk's place and it tells me that I may not be able to reconnect my current service address due to high demand... So there goes that plan lol.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Been down for over 20 minutes now for the first time ever. Rebooted router and starlink. Still searching ..

Top Bottom