Starlink

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ac83b0a4dee624fa7b7ca478236dba13.jpg

Pretty happy with the Starlink, just set it on the roof of the trailer. I also added another 120v outlet so I had a clean setup for the modem. I did have some minor issues with reactivating my service after three months of being paused, but the system sorted itself out.

The dish Compliments my apple tv box, so I can watch my telus programs ect over wifi.
Prorated service costing me $146 this trip. Not bad considering the cost of RV park service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How fast was the reactivation?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How fast was the reactivation?

I was having a message that the dish was not associated with an account, probably due to me only using it for a hour when I first got it than paused the account. To answer your question, I must of played with it for 45min before it sorted itself out on its own, but it was probably a error on my part.
Not sure if that would of worked out if I didn’t have a network to connect to tho, the cell service network is not great where I am. I thought of reactivating it at home before I left on vacation, but didn’t give it a second thought.

I also had a response from tech support within 3 hours, and they also mentioned everything sorted itself on its own.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speed test 175 down 16 up

Im am getting approximately the same, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Way better than the 5-10mbps I was getting on my phone

I have a roam, so local residents in the area I’m at, have priority over me during higher demand times.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Generally it's supposed to be less than 10 minutes, I have 3 at work, I can re-activate the unit when the guys leave the shop and they always work by time they get to site an hour later.

Does the modem and the dish need to be hooked up and powered to reactive the plan? Maybe I tried doing to much at once?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the modem and the dish need to be hooked up and powered to reactive the plan? Maybe I tried doing to much at once?

No it doesn't need to be connected and powered up at all. To my knowledge there is nothing in the dish or the router that knows whether the plan is activated or not, it's solely the Starlink Servers that allow/reject the Starlink when it tries to connect to the satellites depending on the subscription status.

Ours are almost always disassembled and encased when I activate them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't need to be connected and powered up at all. To my knowledge there is nothing in the dish or the router that knows whether the plan is activated or not, it's solely the Starlink Servers that allow/reject the Starlink when it tries to connect to the satellites depending on the subscription status.

Ours are almost always disassembled and encased when I activate them.

Good to know! Thanks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does starlink give you access to tv channels ?
We can get TSN and we have Global and watch the Calgary local news while having coffee in the morning. If it’s raining or miserable out we have our Firestick and can watch Netflix or Amazon Prime if we
Choose as well.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Roku system, gives you access to whatever apps/channels you like for streaming. Some have monthly subscriptions and some are free.

Its decent, my parents have had one longer than me and they like it. Saved them a bunch of money compared to satellite tv. I will be cancelling my satellite this week.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No but you should be able to stream nearly anything. What channels are you looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mainly the sports channels . Thinking of getting starlink dish and taking it down south this winter , just wondering if it would give me access to more channels than we have now.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mainly the sports channels . Thinking of getting starlink dish and taking it down south this winter , just wondering if it would give me access to more channels than we have now.

Starlink is just the wifi. It won’t give you more channels. Depends on what steaming device or Firestick your using and what you have bought for subscriptions. You can also buy pirated firesticks that will give you unlimited channels. Movies. PPV.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IPTV will give you all the live channels. usually less than $15 / month. No other fees should be paid for streaming all movies ,series regardless of who broadcasts them.Stremio,Tubi etc can be added to any android box or firestick-no monthly charges

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No its just WIFI.

I have a apple TV box that I download apps to use to watch my telus subscription, netflix, crave, paramount+, etc. When I go away for work I take the box with me. It’s working good with the starlink in the trailer.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find someone that has the sportsnet package and crave. We pay for Amazon prime and borrow sportsnet, tsn and crave from the inlaws.

We cut the cord a year ago. Between those 3 and YouTube, I waste more than enough time

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we recently moved out into Parkland County, put a deposit on Starlink setup but guess where the one tiny little "area not covered" yet is on their availability map? Yep, smack dab right where our acreage is. Here's the thing, my buddy literally lives 500ft down the road from me, in the same "coming to you soon" area, yet has his starlink setup. He said it took about a month from ordering to delivery. I can't find any customer support number or email on Starlink's website to ask what gives. Does anyone have any insight on how to get a hold of them?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we recently moved out into Parkland County, put a deposit on Starlink setup but guess where the one tiny little "area not covered" yet is on their availability map? Yep, smack dab right where our acreage is. Here's the thing, my buddy literally lives 500ft down the road from me, in the same "coming to you soon" area, yet has his starlink setup. He said it took about a month from ordering to delivery. I can't find any customer support number or email on Starlink's website to ask what gives. Does anyone have any insight on how to get a hold of them?
I had 1 out of the 3, I got from starlink not work and me tech buddy changed address in the starlink and it works

had to move 2 kms down the road to set up dish then move back to shop and works fine
some thing about the address starlink installed when I ordered it (there were about 250 kms off of target)

Top Bottom