stabilizer bar for XP - can you take them off and leave them off

filly55

Reaction score
Just wondering if you can take off the stabilizer bar on the XP's... What are the disadvantages of having them off or do they make a noticible difference.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can take the sway bar out and leave it out thats what I did and an amazing difrence in the pow. But if you do a lot of trail riding you will hate not having them in. But just the trail to the alpine its fine. It just takes a little work to keep the sled on the trail.

filly55

Reaction score
Thank you... ya not much trail riding, more mountains so i guess im gonna take them off..

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took mine out in the mountains the first year i bought it. Im only around 160lbs a little more with gear and i find even on the trail i like how the sled acts, still have yet to put them back in.

greginbragg

Reaction score
I took mine off on my 08 and noticed an improvement in the powder. I expected to struggle on the trails but in reality I barely noticed the difference. Give it a try.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take that bar right out. It makes a good clutch alignment tool!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am the opposite, I took mine out on my '09 because I didn't run it in my REV, I actually put it back in my '09 last year but it was the lighter bar from a '10. Holds a line better when climbing, and if you do actually like to run 80mph on the trail in, holds the trail better.

On the newer narrow stance, I am leaving it in. I never found any ill effects for handling with it in. Never had issues with it in powder with it in on any sled. Its personally preferance. I don't think there is a night and day difference for deep snow riding, you will have more of a notice with it missing on the trail.

Take it out and leave it out, or leave it in. If its an 08 or 09, get a lighter bar from a newer sled.

Top Bottom