speedo question

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One hole is for Metric the other is for imperial measurement. 1 KM other Miles. What is your preference?

Newfee

Reaction score
yea yea all jokes aside how much speed should I be getting out of a 96 summit 670 with twin pipes and not sure what else is done to it. today I got 130 out of it on the lake at 9000 rpm (exaust was screaming lowd) maby its just geared down I dunno, first run on the sled. any info will help id like to go faster if possable

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave it in the back of the truck and get the wife to drive down the hwy at 160 with you on the back then you can say it went faster....:D

On a serious note maybe the previous owner geared it down to keep track speed up for climbing.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea yea all jokes aside how much speed should I be getting out of a 96 summit 670 with twin pipes and not sure what else is done to it. today I got 130 out of it on the lake at 9000 rpm (exaust was screaming lowd) maby its just geared down I dunno, first run on the sled. any info will help id like to go faster if possable
Probably geared for the mountains, sounds like you could turn your clickers down one or two notches on your primary, I'm not sure what RPMs the 670 runs best at but 9000 seems a bit high.

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably geared for the mountains, sounds like you could turn your clickers down one or two notches on your primary, I'm not sure what RPMs the 670 runs best at but 9000 seems a bit high.

If I remember correctly from back then they run good at about 8000 usually.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how many tooth gearing it have on the sprockets? i've toned mine down to a 21TX43T? i think, i have the gearing that was in it before and i think it was 24 or 26 on the top and i left the bottom alone,as far as speed,if you want to haul some a$$ get the 740 big bore kit for it, fashion a cold air intake lol maybe a lil bit of the laughing gas :nitro: if you need some parts hit me up, i have a 96 chassis in the back yard laying in pieces lol

Top Bottom