Spark plugs?

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 700 rmk and i always ran the stock spark plugs you get from your local polaris dealership and i was just wondering if there is a more high performance one you can be throwing in there and whats the plug for running av gas?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you mod your engine there is absolutely no benefit to running Av gas. I believe that if you increase engine compression to a level that causes detonation with premium then Av gas makes a difference, otherwise you are wasting your money.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about v force reeds i hear they help alot but once you start with stuff like that your engine will never be as reliable. not like having trouble with it not starting but more chance of it blowing

Hooligen

Reaction score
To answer your original plug question, IMO NGK iridium ix plugs are about as good a plug as they get (they better be after you look at the price tag). I re-gap mine too .024''. Like i said IMO. If the 700 plugs are the same as the 800 you want a BPR9EIX, they're the ticket.

98670X

Reaction score
Your motor has a certain HP, now that has to be transfered through your clutches and to the track. If your clutches arntin optimum condition youll only loose power. Keep them clean, you can change out springs, primary weights ect

Last edited:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulls harder, more speed,better back shifting and some guys say there bogging issues even went away.The 800 likes alot of weight in the primary.

Top Bottom