Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iridium plugs help, they don't foul as easy and clean up on their own

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I recommend only running 500ml in the first tank to all my customers. Also never dump the oil directly into fuel tank. Premix in jerry can then add to tank.

Our experience on the flat land 800 HO sleds last year is that break in is well over 100 miles. Look for nice performance gains with between 8-10 hours on the engine.

Diggs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How big big are the tanks on these because at 50:1 with 500ml you will require 50liters of fuel. How many plugs are you guys going through on average. Heading out with a buddy on a new axys and won't be anywhere to get plugs so just wondering how many he should bring. Is it always the mag side?

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big big are the tanks on these because at 50:1 with 500ml you will require 50liters of fuel. How many plugs are you guys going through on average. Heading out with a buddy on a new axys and won't be anywhere to get plugs so just wondering how many he should bring. Is it always the mag side?
25 litres would be 50:1.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
I recommend only running 500ml in the first tank to all my customers. Also never dump the oil directly into fuel tank. Premix in jerry can then add to tank.

Our experience on the flat land 800 HO sleds last year is that break in is well over 100 miles. Look for nice performance gains with between 8-10 hours on the engine.

Diggs

Sorry... Should add to this...after dumping premix, top up tank with premium. So on a 43.5 litre fuel tank, that's an 87:1 ratio.

Even at that, avoid extended idle times and try to get the engine to full operating temp 125-130F and above engagement rpms. Track stand is handy for sure.

Diggs

Shane_Sharp

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Just had this happen on my axys after first ride on way down had tough time idling changed plugs runs fine now bitch to get a torque wrench on the clutch side plug without yanking pipe.

Reaction score
Just had this happen on my axys after first ride on way down had tough time idling changed plugs runs fine now bitch to get a torque wrench on the clutch side plug without yanking pipe.

A plug in to an aluminum head is barely over hand tight once the plug is seated. Loosen the opposite side you torqued and get a feel for what it took to break it by hand - you wouldn't be torquing it on the mountains.

Spec is 20ft/lb.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put 110 Miles on last weekend, only added 500ml to my first full tank and had no issues at all with the plugs, took lots of spares because I read this thread but didn't use any. Running VES gold oil. Had an issue with Detonation on the first tank but I am pretty sure the local station at home doesn't sell much premium, just switched to the Ethanol setting and had no problem. After filling up with Premium in Valemount I switched back and it was fine. The thing pulls very hard way stronger than my 13, I think its a combination of the new track hooking up so hard and the new motor. Love it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get the adding oil to the tank thing. Such an old school break in method considering they have an electric controlled oil pump. Are they not smart enough at Polaris to ramp up the oil for the first 100km or something?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Bragg

Reaction score
Took out my new pro today. Loved it and can't wait to ride again but on the way back to the truck I turned a corner and all of a sudden it ran like ****. Sounded really weird and had no power at all. Any ideas where to look.
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday sled ran good all day then last couple pulls it bogged then on the ride out I had the engine light come it

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like people should stop adding so much oil on break in for these new engines.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get the adding oil to the tank thing. Such an old school break in method considering they have an electric controlled oil pump. Are they not smart enough at Polaris to ramp up the oil for the first 100km or something?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure the added oil is only to verify that the pump is actually working and that all the air is out of the system. That's my take on it. Mine only has 110 miles so far but oil consumption was high, going out again this weekend so interested to see how much longer it will be high.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the added oil is only to verify that the pump is actually working and that all the air is out of the system. That's my take on it. Mine only has 110 miles so far but oil consumption was high, going out again this weekend so interested to see how much longer it will be high.
I know what you're saying but it still doesn't make sense to me. It's an electric pump. Than can prime it and bleed it before the first start. Unless they are worried about it not working in the first tank and if the oil level doesn’t drop then there is an issue. But if that's the case they should address it if it's a confidence issue as far as if the pump will work or not.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Unless they are worried about it not working in the first tank and if the oil level doesn’t drop then there is an issue.

I was under the impression that this is why they do it. I was told to add oil to the first tank of fuel on my '15 ProClimb as well, and assumed this was the reasoning. BUT, I never fouled a single plug because of it either.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you're the only one I ever heard of using a torque wrench on a spark plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom