Soooo we built a Viper

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Almost done!
Has our low boost turbo kit installed with water to air intercooler and Garrett GTX turbo.
This sled will be at Yamafest.

Attachments

• IMG_00000054.jpg
    IMG_00000054.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_00000055.jpg
    IMG_00000055.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_00000057.jpg
    IMG_00000057.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IMG_00000059.jpg
    IMG_00000059.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,108

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet, cant wait to see it perform, more pics please when the skid is in !!!

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are ya sure that's not a crappy cat with yamasqua paint ???

Wait yes it is.

from my HTC

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are ya sure that's not a crappy cat with yamasqua paint ???

Wait yes it is.

from my HTC
OK DORK. This is the sled Yammy is building next season...NM has taken the initiative to get ahead of the game and will have a turbo set-up that is proven and tested...ahead of everyone. So go sit in your corner, shutup and let the big boys play while you're thinking about riding your 140hp sled in the fields around Eckville.

Last edited:

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found my new colors. Very cool bet it climbs to, not just another pretty face.

• Thanks

WesG

Reaction score
So if I drive to revy for the 6th can I ride it? Not in the praking lot either..... :d Maybe better let me ride it on the 7th so it is still shiney for the 6th hahahah! On a more serious note, Spill some details regarding the "low boost" kit(boost pressure, motor changes,etc) and cost to build that sucka based off a new viper. Front end width? U get a complete tunnel or just the cap? Chaincase/reverse alterations?

Wes

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if I drive to revy for the 6th can I ride it? Not in the praking lot either..... :d Maybe better let me ride it on the 7th so it is still shiney for the 6th hahahah!

Yeah im sure he'll ley ya get right on it with ya talking that way :confused:

WesG

Reaction score
LOL That was meant to be humorous, not serious. I can't see NM letting me take his shiney new one-of sled out through the bush or up anything nasty. I would think he has a nice basically open area in mind for test rides. :beer::beer::beer:

NM

Reaction score
So if I drive to revy for the 6th can I ride it? Not in the praking lot either..... :d Maybe better let me ride it on the 7th so it is still shiney for the 6th hahahah! On a more serious note, Spill some details regarding the "low boost" kit(boost pressure, motor changes,etc) and cost to build that sucka based off a new viper. Front end width? U get a complete tunnel or just the cap? Chaincase/reverse alterations?

Wes
Yes of course you can ride it. We want to make sure that its going to work, so I will let people ride it so I can get some good feedback.

The motor is stock so we won't be running big boost, but we think we can run a bit more than other low boost kits because of the water to air intercooler and bigger turbo.

We will come out with menu pricing for the New 2014 Viper, so if a customer wants to order one, then they can choose from a list of mods including tunnel cap, rails, skid, track options, drivers, belt drive, turbo kit options, skis, front end width, etc.

Our shop sled will be a 174x3 with our low boost kit and a coupled skid of somekind. We want to keep it under a 25k build that performs as well as previous 30-40k builds. Not everyone wants to climb a 1000 ft chute in 3 ft of pow, so we want to build more nimble all around sleds that shine in the trees, and still get around great in nipple deep pow.

I think people will be sprised how these sleds handle. I would guess they will be the most rider friendly four stroke sled ever.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really cool to see how fast you hopped on this project. I have heard a lot of talk about the potential of these Vipers with a track and skid and turbo etc., but the talk usually stops at price... I think you will have a lot of interest when people see the finished product, the menu options, and how quick you can make it happen.

• Thanks

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to you Neil! and they say that aftermarket shops can't survive, you just have to think outside the box before the crate shows up!!

• Thanks

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did ypu use a Cat Hood? The proto type Viper I saw at T&T Powersports didn't have the intake grills and the instrument Pod looked different

NM

Reaction score
did ypu use a Cat Hood? The proto type Viper I saw at T&T Powersports didn't have the intake grills and the instrument Pod looked different
Yes it is a Cat Hood with a few mods.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same chassis, but the weight distribution is quite different from the cat.

Nice work Neil looks steller.......Id like to see how it rides and handles comparied to my Cat 1100 as they would both be 4 strokes. Look forward to seeing it at Yamifest :)

Top Bottom