so guys the question is pro ride or m8

woodym7

Reaction score
Not a good thread title for in here but here goes.....always rode a polaris until a few seasons ago and the bad luck bug got me so i switched. Now the new pro ride comes out and it looks hot but is the reliability gonna be there is the hp gonna be there? Not sure and no one seems to be promising anything? Anyone ridden both adn if so thoughts?

woodym7

Reaction score
so any ideas guys didnt mean to start a fight but also thought i might get a bit of a response........lotsa looks

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well historically speaking the first model year of anything is sketchy, I would recomend getting the M8 just because it's proven. Give them a year or two to prove that the motors are reliable and go have fun, let somebody else be the product testers.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orrin is right. The M8 is proven, and the Pro-RMK is not so it's difficult to answer your question. For me I really liked my IQ RMK. My favorite part of the IQ is the chassis and how it handled, and the Pro is supposed to be even better. Although when it comes to the motor the Cat 800 without a doubt has the advantage.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you think is not proven on the new pro, other than some plastic, better skid and better shocks, it's the same motor.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New suspension, new chassis, and the 2010 motor with a completely new injection system. I'd say that qualifies as unproven, but Polaris better have a real winner here if they want to shake off their well earned reputation.

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
I think there s a reason why Polaris isnt giving info on HP which I think is a crock but never the less it is what it is. My buddy from field test tells me this thing goes up the hill and side hills like nothing they have ever riden. He said they cant even get the guys to ride the IQ now so on a good note.....

C S Fever

Reaction score
Throw on a PC 5 on it, change the helix and you will have the lightest, best handling, best power to weight ratio sled out there! There won't be anything else out there that will be close. And for the reliability issue of the 800 the PC 5 solved those problems last year with not a lot of work and few hundred dollars. So buy your M8 but remember you are dealing with old tech in the chassis, I had one and I liked it a lot but the IQ was so much more fun to ride. I have 2 Pro-rides on order a 800 switch for the boss and a 800 assault for me and I can't wait for winter to come! Just my $0.02 I know I will get some flak but I was all Cat before.

ProRMK

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you think is not proven on the new pro, other than some plastic, better skid and better shocks, it's the same motor.

It is not really the "same" motor...they have changed several parts. I rode one (Pro RMK) and believe it runs well...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the pro, thats warranty is for. Suppose to be a good machine, lots of folks were nocking the dragon but mine has always remained problem free.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the pro, thats warranty is for. Suppose to be a good machine, lots of folks were nocking the dragon but mine has always remained problem free.

That's the way I'm looking at it. Sold my 09 RMK last weekend, and my Pro should be in mid October. Cant wait!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty doesn't help much when your 50k from the truck in a back bowl, that being said I'm sure Polaris bent over backwards to ensure this motor doesn't have the problems of the past. I guess you gotta follow your heart on this one. Let us know which you decide on.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am havingthe same issue... what to buy.. riding a 05 900RMK. Besides cutting a wire on the mag at Gorman... has been a GREAT!!! sled... pulls hard climbs etc. But what to buy Poo should have there ducks in a row for this one... Cat always a fall back on good sled. Im also stuck what to buy.. leading to the Poo as that is what I have rode for years
RP

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hearing rumers that Polaris sold so many sno-checks that there will not be any left-over[non sno-check] Pros for sale. Glad I ordered mine!!!!

woodym7

Reaction score
well thanks for all the input guys, an M8 it is i wanna spend more tim e riding less wrenching i hope im wrong and the new pro kiks ass but we will have to wait and see

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya wait and see what happens I know my buddy was having issues with his m8 he put a can and airbox mod and kept kicking his oxygen sensor light so the thing would lose major top end power he solved this issue by putting 5 litres of race gas in with his premium M8 is tried tested and true you will love it but ya I think wait and see what happens with the new polaris thats what i'm doing getting one more season out of mine than switching it up

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a cat guy, but the m chassis is dead and gone. it will be replaced for next year. iam trying the pro

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a cat guy, but the m chassis is dead and gone. it will be replaced for next year. iam trying the pro

Welcome to the other side.:d My 09 IQ handled great, and I'm really looking forward to riding the new chassis. Another 3 weeks an mine should be in!

Top Bottom