Snowpulse protech vest question

05blazerboy

Reaction score
Anyone know where in/near Edmonton a guy can look at, or try on an avi vest? I see that WARY makes them, but really like the head cradle that snowpulse has built in. Anyone have anything to say about them? Got a buddy with the highmark pak, and he's looking into the vest also to get rid of the tech vest rubbing him raw from his pack. Anyone? We're heading up to McBride on thursday, so anywhere from here to there would be cool. Thanks.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know mountain magic sells the snowpulse backpack and the WARY vest, not sure if they also carry the snowpulse vest.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Snowpulse vest doesn't have the bag that cradles your head. Gotta buy their pack to get that.

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
mountain motorsports in golden sells and services snowpulse
Anyone know where in/near Edmonton a guy can look at, or try on an avi vest? I see that WARY makes them, but really like the head cradle that snowpulse has built in. Anyone have anything to say about them? Got a buddy with the highmark pak, and he's looking into the vest also to get rid of the tech vest rubbing him raw from his pack. Anyone? We're heading up to McBride on thursday, so anywhere from here to there would be cool. Thanks.

05blazerboy

Reaction score
Being that I do like the cradle I'll look into the himark pack. Not sure I'm sold on the vest yet. Wouldn't mind trying one on though, to see how much movement is restricted.

wrelyks

Reaction score
I bought one, loaded it up with more than I would normally take and went for a trail ride , couldn't even notice it. Very comfortable, I bought a jacket with minimal pockets to so there isn't any bunching under it since it had to be fairly tight to effectively work. Heading to the mountain tomorrow for the golden voyage

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being that I do like the cradle I'll look into the himark pack. Not sure I'm sold on the vest yet. Wouldn't mind trying one on though, to see how much movement is restricted.

I've been running a vest for a year. I would say the it improves your mobility rather than restrict it. I've been able to lighten from my 45 lb bca float 30 to around 20lbs on my snowpulse vest with only the essentials in the backpack portion of the vest. That extra 15lbs is a lot when you're jumping back and forth over the seat all day. The vest itself is no more restrictive than a tek vest.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

wrelyks

Reaction score
I also see the advantage of have the head and neck support of the pack but from what I understand it restricts head motion if deployed and still trying to out run theslide. The vest allows you to look arounwhen hammering the throttle and trying to get out of dodge.

Reaction score
Website
www.SnowpulseHighmark.com
Snowpulse can be found at the following shops in and around Edmonton:
C3 Powersports (carries both the Protech Vest & Highmark)
Camrose Arctic Cat (carries both the Protech Vest & Highmark)
Cycle Works Motor Sports (carries the Highmark)
Martin Equipment (carries both the Protech Vest & Highmark)
Mountain Magic (carries both the Protech Vest & Highmark)
Specialty Sleds (carries the Highmark)

Stock may or may not be available - recommend calling before going in!

The Vest is available in a one-size-fits all, with a Removable Airbag (looks like a pillow). Optional chest and shoulder armor is available. The Highmark comes in a Medium or Large and has the Snowpulse "Lifebag" technology, which is the airbag that surrounds the neck and chest.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also see the advantage of have the head and neck support of the pack but from what I understand it restricts head motion if deployed and still trying to out run theslide. The vest allows you to look arounwhen hammering the throttle and trying to get out of dodge.

Ever been in an avalanche? I have. Looking around is the least of your worries! And I'm bettin' 90% of the time there's no outrunning it. Sure wasn't for me. I have a pack with the wrap around your head bag, and I just bought the vest, but not for that reason. I just hate wearing a pack! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been doing some research. The backcountry ski websites are full of useful information. The new BCA Float Throttle 22 looks very interesting. It's only 5.5 pounds including the cylinder. Also retails for around $675. Picked up my friend's Highmark 22 and it feels pretty heavy even empty. It's supposed to be 7.16 pounds with the cylinder.

I ride with a Tekvest so am also very interested in an Avy vest. Anyone who has one is the armor adequate? I've walked away laughing from some pretty bad crashes because of my Tekvest and don't want to lose that protection. Also do the vests come with somewhere to clip a tether?

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started wearing snowpulse vest this year. 5 days riding. No complaints. Fits awesome. Bounces way less than pack on trails. Yes has loop for tether. Good Armour for ribs and shoulders. Would recommend it for sure.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also recently acquired a SnowPulse Vest with armour. I like it a lot and the armour is impressive but I cannot compare it to a Tekvest as I have never used one.

wrelyks

Reaction score
Not snowmobiling, but snowboarding I had to dig my friend out, would had been me but he had the camera. He almost cut out of it but it caught him right at the end. Ive cut out on my board before, if i had thé wrap I probably wouldn't have. I thunk its a personal preference. I rarely put myself in harms way now, read the avy report, dig your test pits on realative slopes, study the anow and you shoulndt have to worry.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a Tekvest so am also very interested in an Avy vest. Anyone who has one is the armor adequate? I've walked away laughing from some pretty bad crashes because of my Tekvest and don't want to lose that protection. Also do the vests come with somewhere to clip a tether?

I just bought the vest with armour. Haven't used it yet, but I've done a bit of a side by side comparison against my teck vest. The teck vest is definately going to protect you better than the Snowpulse armour. Is the vest armour adequate? We shall see the first time I wack my chest into my bars I guess.

Top Bottom