Snowpulse Improvements - mods to older packs?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the ASS booth at the Edm show on Saturday. They had a good demo/overview of the new Snowpulse Avi-vest and what seemed to me, some nice improvements. They also gave us some tips on properly adjusting the pack to fit so it doesn't slide up and back and end up with the cross strap on your throat. Plus it keeps the trigger handle in the right spot. Get the crotch strap (avy-thong) on, lean forward/over and get the pack in a good high position, tighten the adjustable straps and then connect the cross strap. There are a lot of good videos on youtube.

The firing system is much better and easier to reset. Too bad they can't retrofit the older bags with this.
I like the ability to take the airbag out and use the backpack on it's own.
Removing the Avy Thong is nice. Especially when you want to take the pack off and help someone get unstuck (in a non-avy area).

The handle for the trigger looks better than the loop that mine has.
Any opinions on a safe/reliable handle that could be attached to the loop?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get that new handle put on the old bags...I heard that it was possible and was planning on getting this done this year. Not a fan of that loop.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned... I asked during the demo if the canister/reset system or the handle could be retrofitted.
They said no to both.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I think a handle should have no bearing on the firing system, since they are both handle and loop are just a cord attached to the firing system.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got my bottle replaced and they sent me a crotch strap and a venturi block to update my bag. the loop dosent bother me, i just un zip it and fold the cover back over it and theres a small peice of velcro that holds it down..

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a website on how to replace the handle with the new t-handle... but have had no luck finding it for purchase online..

Would the dealers be able to get them??

http://www.snowpulse.com/wp-content...-your-old-handle-for-a-new-handle-2011-12.pdf

i have the older bag than that.

If they didnt change the bottle, you think you could just unscrew the cable from the pin, and the housing from the bottle. Remove cable assembly from pack. and install the new cable and handle and screw cable to pin and housing to bottle again......?

oh well, i want to get the vest with the padding in it anyways, thinking about getting a tec vest but may get the snow pulse vest instead and sell my 30L

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche Safety Solutions has them in stock. Just bought one for my bag. 75.00 plus shipping.

https://www.avalanchesafety.ca

I couldn't find this anywhere in that site but for $75 I'll stick with my loop.
Would be nice to get it on the right side for left hand pull though. Not sure it can be done with the old bags like mine but I'd definitely do it on a new one.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had them replace my t handle at the sled show this year for under $50 bucks. Its a lot easier to grab, and I think worth the money. They also did the recall work that I had not done yet.

Love my snowpulse.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
75$?? Ya- no thanks..
I'll just zip tie a corkscrew to mine thanks... LOL

guttalax-laxative-drops-corkscrew-blue-small-42051.jpg

I had them replace my t handle at the sled show this year for under $50 bucks. Its a lot easier to grab, and I think worth the money. They also did the recall work that I had not done yet.

Love my snowpulse.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, I know I would look back and say "Man I should of spent that $75 bucks to upgrade the handle", when I go to pull the trigger and can't grab that chitty little strap they came with. To each their own I guess.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be a safety recall if it is so bad..

You know... I think I WILL integrate a corkscrew into it.. Wrap that windey part around the strap, then clamp it on to prevent slippage..

Anyone want to buy my prototype?

LOL, I know I would look back and say "Man I should of spent that $75 bucks to upgrade the handle", when I go to pull the trigger and can't grab that chitty little strap they came with. To each their own I guess.

Top Bottom