Snowpulse highmark avy bag vest

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new avy bag vest this weekend and used it .... Its the best most comphy thing ever ... Doesn't dig into ur shoulders like a back pack would ... Holds lots and can get the inserts for protection like a teck vest ... Best money ever spent for this guy ... If ur looking at a avy back pack ... Don't even bother ... Get the vest ...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new avy bag vest this weekend and used it .... Its the best most comphy thing ever ... Doesn't dig into ur shoulders like a back pack would ... Holds lots and can get the inserts for protection like a teck vest ... Best money ever spent for this guy ... If ur looking at a avy back pack ... Don't even bother ... Get the vest ...
I love mine!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son wears one saved his ass last year went between 2 trees sled fit he didn't smoked him of the sled , hit him in the chest the armor took all of the hit. Bad thing is we weren't filming him at the time but we did laugh our ass's of so well worth the money.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning on getting the vests too, I tried on one & said the same thing how comfy it was, where did you get yours, Tex?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backus Polaris. Out side of sicamous

764 plus Gst. With canister

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year it was the only one.... Now there's more, but I seen so many guys with them and so many used avy back packs for sale

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing is the bag when inflated the vest air bag doesnt go around your helmet on both sides and back for trauma support where some other snowpulse backpack styles do. instead it has more of a square pillow behind the helmet, its solely designed to keep you on top. Just food for thought

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing is the bag when inflated the vest air bag doesnt go around your helmet on both sides and back for trauma support where some other snowpulse backpack styles do. instead it has more of a square pillow behind the helmet, its solely designed to keep you on top. Just food for thought
I considered going with the snowpulse pro pack because of the horseshoe design versus the pillow but decided on the vest anyhow. I did talk to snowpulse about it and they don't anticipate offering the vest with the horseshoe bag any time soon.

SCOTTC

Reaction score
Has anyone who is slightly overweight worn one past the showroom floor? I am 5'11" 230lbs with a little beer belly and was talked out of it in the store. They said it wouldn't be comfortable and to buy the back pack style.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Only thing I don't like about the vest is the Zipper,, had a friend that's vest zipper would freeze up, making it hard to get off. Not exactly ideal when you got to get your shovel out, cause somebody's been buried in an Avy.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who is slightly overweight worn one past the showroom floor? I am 5'11" 230lbs with a little beer belly and was talked out of it in the store. They said it wouldn't be comfortable and to buy the back pack style.

There's a lot of adjustability. I'm 6'3" 260+

Only thing I don't like about the vest is the Zipper,, had a friend that's vest zipper would freeze up, making it hard to get off. Not exactly ideal when you got to get your shovel out, cause somebody's been buried in an Avy.
I didn't experience this. No different than a jacket zipper freezing and not being able to get your beacon out though I guess.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of adjustability. I'm 6'3" 260+

I didn't experience this. No different than a jacket zipper freezing and not being able to get your beacon out though I guess.

True, sure it doesn't effect everyone, just something to think about when deciding what to buy:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and 230

Like I said before, after the year of having it would never go back to a back pack

I also never had the zipper have issues, I also have a extra shovel in my tunnel bag so 99% of the time it's the one out not the one on me

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to getting a shovel out, I've always gone with "grab your buddies shovel and probe out of there pack or vest and they grab yours."

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to getting a shovel out, I've always gone with "grab your buddies shovel and probe out of there pack or vest and they grab yours."
Problem with that is I'm stuck by myself all the time where no one else can help me

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the Snowpulse Life Bag, with the Horseshoe bag design previously, and last year I went to the Highmark Vest. I will not go back. The vest is so much more comfortable to wear, and because of the smaller size, it forces me to to carry less weight on me and take more stuff in my tunnel bag. No matter how big of a bag you bring you will always fill it.
Never had any issues with the zipper freezing. If I was really in a pinch to get my shovel out, I could probably manage to get it out of the pack while still wearing it.

Top Bottom